Surprising things about you

Al Czervik

What are surprising things about you most people in your current everyday life don't know?

I'll start.  Most of my current acquaintances don't know I grew up as a real cowboy.  I grew up on a real cattle ranch, roping, riding, etc.  

My everyday dress now is a linen shirt, shorts, and flip flops.  I don't even own a pair of cowboy boots.                                                                                                                                                          

• Like 4

I'm not unusual.  I have very quick response times.  I have always been this way.  No, I don't "fast draw.  I thinks it's a  way to get into a lot of trouble.

Most things interest me. Sometimes I ask dumb questions only because I am really interested in the answer, not because I have poor social skills. (Which I probably do)

I love women.  I love to talk with them, to tease them, sometimes to get suggestive, to flirt with them.  I never, never, do anything to embarrass them and I do respect them.  But, I do like them.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, janice6 said:

I'm not unusual.  I have very quick response times.  I have always been this way.  No, I don't "fast draw.  I thinks it's a  way to get into a lot of trouble.

Most things interest me. Sometimes I ask dumb questions only because I am really interested in the answer, not because I have poor social skills. (Which I probably do)

I love women.  I love to talk with them, to tease them, sometimes to get suggestive, to flirt with them.  I never, never, do anything to embarrass them and I do respect them.  But, I do like them.

I always reminded young'uns that science guys (or gals) are interested in everything.

That, and when you hear the Universe laughing at you, check your premises.

:599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, aomagrat said:

I survived mixing MD 2020 and Gin. But it wasn't pretty.

A couple years ago,  during an extended-family beach week,  a nephew (he said he learned it in college, it had a name) took a two gallon thermos-jug and dumped a bottle of gin in it, with four or five of those frozen-lime concentrate tubes and topped it off with wine.  I had a couple drinks and got impressively buzzed.  It went down very easily.

He got hammered.  Bigly.  He insisted that someone take him to one of those huge beach/crap/souvenir stores and bought, like, $500 of junk.

Then he went off and passed out somewhere and got his whole body sunburned more than anyone had ever seen.  We had great fun with him all week.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I played Jimmy Connors in a junior regional tournament in 1966.

Jimmy was from East St. Louis and two years younger than I was.  Even at that age (me 16, he 14) he didn't just hand me my ass, he ripped it off and threw it over the backstop.

NB the scene in National Lampoons Vacation when the Griswalds end up in East St. Louis is fiction;  East St. Louis is rougher than what they showed in the film.

East St. Louis was a collection of dive bars, whore houses and gambling clip joints, all run by Africans  Probably still is.  At one time, the drinking age in Illinois was 18, in Missouri, 21, so there were a lot of white boys making the trip across the river.  I might have been one of them.  :biggrin:

Survived.

I participated in the G.E. College Bowl for my alma mater.

We didn't win, but we mid-western rubes beat some Ivy league colleges so we were happy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I have been a Reverend Minster since 1982, legal to perform marriages and everything.

Not one of those fancy newly ordained ones you get off the internet either.

I got mine from a church that advertised in the back of Rolling stone Magazine

• Like 3
  • Haha 7