I never liked Kroger anyway...

gwalchmai

I've gotten the impression their stores are crowded and dirty. Regardless, this will effectively keep me out of their stores. https://www.breitbart.com/social-justice/2022/08/31/kroger-allyship-guide-tells-employees-to-celebrate-trans-holidays-support-bail-fund/

The Kroger Company, a supermarket giant, published an “allyship guide” that told employees to use “inclusive language,” celebrate transgender holidays, and even support an organization that bails violent criminals out of prison.

The allyship guide, intended for employees and published in 2021, is split into four different sections, titled “LGBTQ+,” “Asian American Pacific Islander,” “African American,” and “Hispanic Heritage.”

The guide says that allies should “lead by example and prove to be fierce advocates” and defines the term as “anyone who publicly declares support for and advocates on behalf of LGBT rights.”

“Some people’s morality can be a barrier to accepting LGBTQ+ people,” the guide read. It went on to say that, though the company cannot decide an individual’s values for them, “a company has values that they expect employees to follow.”

The guide provided a vocabulary list of various terms associated with the LGBTQ+ movement, including “non-binary,” “queer,” transgender,” “cisgender,” and “pansexual,” which it defined as “someone who is physically or emotionally attracted to all genders.”

Definitions-1024x566.png

Included on a list titled “language to avoid” were the terms “boyfriend/girlfriend” and “husband/wife.” The guide told employees to “avoid if you do not know the gender of the partner/spouse.” Employees are also supposed to abstain from asking transgender people “any pre-transition questions such as asking for old pictures or inquiring about the person’s old name.”

Language-to-Avoid-1024x573.png

The guide even suggests that employees refrain from referring to customers with language like “sir” or “ma’am.”

It also argued that gender and sex were distinct before going on to discuss those who identify as “non-binary.” It defined the term as “a person who does not identify exclusively as a man or woman.”

More at the LINK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 4

2/3 of the Kroger stores around here were always clean (but crowded).  But I haven’t shopped there for several years… they went all pro BLM awhile back, and I said screw that, All Lives Matter, and haven’t been back.  Virtue signaling like their “allyship book” (WTH is that made up word anyway? Spellcheck hates it) just makes me take my wallet elsewhere.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Local Krogers give points on purchases redeemable as reductions in the price of their gasoline. $100 spent gives a dime off on a gallon of gasoline and up to 35 gallons per purchase. They also give 2x fuel points for some gift card purchases and occasionally 4x fuel points on some cards.

When they are offering 4x points I will stock up on cards for places I frequently shop and thus will quickly use the cards. Give the points to my daughter as she and her husband have long commutes. Example: A $250 gift card for a restaurant where I eat regularly can save them $35 while costing me nothing. The card will last me about a month and usually by that time another 4x offer is in play. I don’t purchase enough gasoline for personal use to justify keeping these points.

These gift cards are about all I purchase at Kroger. 

• Like 1

I think I've been in one once. Maybe twice. Both times I was traveling through some big city. 

The average person who shops there thinks they are better because they do, or maybe they think they are better and therefore they shop there. Dunno.

The parking lots had dinky little spaces and the micro cars were zipping about like they didn't care how many pedestrians bounced off in one day. I think my pickup took up four spaces.

Then the prices. Bad enough to induce a vaccine style heart attack. 

I look for a regular super market. Or an asian market, the real kind with the pallets of very stinky fruit. 

• Like 1

No Krogers around here any longer. 

The insurance company I worked for was very conservative.  in the mid 2000's we were required to take sensitivity training.  I remember one of the classes required everyone to put on cardboard colored lens glasses to see the world in another way.

I sat in the back of the room with one of my work mates chuckling the whole time.

We didn't have to put our names on response cards so I wrote "just blame everything on straight white males".  

I'm so glad I don't live in that world any more.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fog said:

The average person who shops there thinks they are better because they do, or maybe they think they are better and therefore they shop there.....

What makes you say that? Do you think Kroger is some sort of high-end grocery store? 

10 minutes ago, M&P15T said:

What makes you say that? Do you think Kroger is some sort of high-end grocery store? 

No more than Costco. Attitude of the people there, not so much the store itself, although stores will market to specific demographics that exist in the area they do business. 

Anyway, I only see them when I travel, none around here. We are probably about 100k people short of them even considering a store here.