Jump to content

The FBIs on CBS. This is scary


tous
 Share

Recommended Posts

I tend to avoid contemporary broadcast programs, but I had little better to do, so I sampled the television series FBI  currently broadcast on CBS.

The network has two more series about the FBI, but I don't anticipate being so bored that I would consider watching them.

In the episode I viewed, set in some high-tech FBI office in New York City with the requisite diverse cast of agents, a person of interest is identified for the current crime .

Within 30 seconds, a bunch of FBI geeks staring into giant monitors and typing furiously on keyboards, informs the head agent that they have a list of the suspect's telephone calls and credit card transactions and they know where the suspect is -- or at least the suspect's phone is.  Then they proceed to look at video data from both municipal and private camera, run the images through their secret facial-recognition software and they know everything about this person of interest within ten minutes.  :Alex:

I fully understand that poetic license and plot devices were at work, but what is frightening is that the program presents a complete violation of civil rights and the Constitution as matter-of-fact, every-day procedures of the FBI.

It is perfectly okay for the FBI or any other law enforcement agency to seize private records, conduct surveillance and investigate a citizen's life, all without a single warrant issued by a court of law.

We are doomed, amigos.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've read where there would be a horrific crime,  they'd find some DNA, and run it through the police system.  Zero matches.

But, because so many people in the country have voluntarily submitted their DNA to the "Ancestry" websites,  the police will run their sample through them.

Zero direct matches....

So, they'd just get the closest 100 matches:

15 of them live in your state.  Three live in your county.  Two have an uncle that drives a vehicle matching a description......

::knock knock::

  • Like 2
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, tous said:

I tend to avoid contemporary broadcast programs, but I had little better to do, so I sampled the television series FBI  currently broadcast on CBS.

The network has two more series about the FBI, but I don't anticipate being so bored that I would consider watching them.

In the episode I viewed, set in some high-tech FBI office in New York City with the requisite diverse cast of agents, a person of interest is identified for the current crime .

Within 30 seconds, a bunch of FBI geeks staring into giant monitors and typing furiously on keyboards, informs the head agent that they have a list of the suspect's telephone calls and credit card transactions and they know where the suspect is -- or at least the suspect's phone is.  Then they proceed to look at video data from both municipal and private camera, run the images through their secret facial-recognition software and they know everything about this person of interest within ten minutes.  :Alex:

I fully understand that poetic license and plot devices were at work, but what is frightening is that the program presents a complete violation of civil rights and the Constitution as matter-of-fact, every-day procedures of the FBI.

It is perfectly okay for the FBI or any other law enforcement agency to seize private records, conduct surveillance and investigate a citizen's life, all without a single warrant issued by a court of law.

We are doomed, amigos.

 

You want to watch the scariest movie I’ve ever seen? Watch Enemy Of the State, with Will Smith and Gene Hackman. Our government scares the everliving **** out of me. Yes it was fiction, but the technology is now decadeS old. 
 

The febs are just the low hanging fruit presently, there are unnamed, virtually invisible agencies aiding them.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tous said:

The Navy has my finger prints.

No one has my DNA.

However, I might have supported Mr. Trump, so I am unworthy of constitutional protections: no rights for semi-fascists.

 

Not sure when you served but the Military has a database of all serving and past members.  They did this for ID purposes of remains.  Plus if you ever had a piss test, how do you know they don't???   Just saying! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, GT4494 said:

Not sure when you served but the Military has a database of all serving and past members.  They did this for ID purposes of remains.  Plus if you ever had a piss test, how do you know they don't???   Just saying! 

I was in before that -- Vietnam era.

They were just changing over from issued serial numbers to Social Security numbers as your service  number.

You know, the government issued number that clearly states, Not for Identification Purposes on the card?

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ChuteTheMall said:

Touch DNA.

Law enforcement, including the Imperial Hippie Marxists, still need a warrant to collect a DNA sample from a person unless said person consents.

Woke District Attorneys, the Department of Justice, the FBI and, of course, the IRS will all ignore the law, of course.

These are the same people that agreed back in 1994 to expunge requests for the National Instant Check database as soon as a finding was reached.  We see how that all worked out, didn't we?  They have kept those records 'for auditing purposes' despite court rulings that they cannot.

I am unsure if the prosecution can subpoena a private company such as 23 And Me to provide a customer's DNA or if the government can just take it without due process.

If I send my DNA sample to such a company, I give consent for the company to use my DNA, not Big Brother.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, tous said:

Law enforcement, including the Imperial Hippie Marxists, still need a warrant to collect a DNA sample from a person unless said person consents.

Woke District Attorneys, the Department of Justice, the FBI and, of course, the IRS will all ignore the law, of course.

These are the same people that agreed back in 1994 to expunge requests for the National Instant Check database as soon as a finding was reached.  We see how that all worked out, didn't we?  They have kept those records 'for auditing purposes' despite court rulings that they cannot.

***********I am unsure if the prosecution can subpoena a private company such as 23 And Me to provide a customer's DNA or if the government can just take it without due process.

If I send my DNA sample to such a company, I give consent for the company to use my DNA, not Big Brother.

***************  Get real man, DUE PROCESS is a thing of the past as far as ,gov is concerned

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Please Donate To TBS

    Please donate to TBS.
    Your support is needed and it is greatly appreciated.
×
×
  • Create New...