Revisiting Forgotten Flicks

Eric

• Administrators

A movie doesn't have to be great to have a fond place in your heart and it doesn't have to be terrible, to have been forgotten. There have been a lot of movies and a lot of years to bury them in.

What are some movies that you really enjoyed when they came out that have been largely forgotten? I was just searching for something online and came across a reference to the movie Red Heat. That flick didn't set the world on fire, but I really enjoyed and I honestly do not remember the last time I thought about it. Now that I have, I need to find out who is streaming it and hope that I am not ruining a fond memory by watching it again. I don't imagine it has aged very gracefully, but the eighties vibe and references will be a nice, I think.

How about you? Let's dig up some old movies that deserve another moment in the Sun.

• Like 1

• Eric changed the title to Revisiting Forgotten Flicks
  • Administrators
2 minutes ago, Maser said:

I'm a sucker for all the Friday The 13th movies.  Not just because my real name is Jason.  :D

I was never a fan of the Friday The 13th & Halloween flicks, back in the day. There were a few good ones in the genre back in the eighties, but good or bad, there was always plenty of T&A and the movie mill kept popping them out. I liked the first 3 Nightmare on Elm ST movies. I thought that the Scream franchise, in the nineties did a great job of poking fun at such movies and they were good flicks, in their own right.

I did enjoy the Rob Zombie Halloween & Halloween 2 remakes. They were dark AF, but well made, IMO. The talent was mostly second-string types, but they chose them well and they mostly put in solid performances.

• Like 1