"Personal" STEAK KNIFE ?

DAKA

Do you have a PERSONAL STEAK KNIFE ?

According to the A G RUSSELL Catalog of Knives  "The idea of cutting a fine steak with a restaurant's knife is enough to keep me from ordering a steak"!

(That's what the catalog says, and the "correct knife is only $100")

Lots of really nice knives from $50 to around $400    

ps Just what I needed a knife catalog in todays mail

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, DAKA said:

According to the A G RUSSELL Catalog of Knives  "The idea of cutting a fine steak with a restaurant's knife is enough to keep me from ordering a steak"!

That may be the stupidest marketing shtick I've ever heard. What is wrong with cutting the steak with the steakhouse's knife? If it is a matter of cleanliness, do you really want to eat a steak there? If it is a matter of knife quality and/or sharpness, I don't know that I have ever had a restaurant knife fail to cut the meat, unless it was made out of plastic. Anyway, I would feel like a tool pulling out my own steak knife at a restaurant.

Having said all of THAT, Boker does make a companion steak knife for the Kwaiken knife I carry. I've though about getting some for my dinner table. I just checked and it seems they are now discontinued. Perhaps the world just wasn't ready for personal steak knives. They are cheap now though. It would be a good time to pick up a few.

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Boker-Plus-Kwaiken-3-Steak-Knife--117262

Boker-Plus-Kwaiken-Steak-Knife-Set-of-2-03BO810SET-BHQ-117262-jr.webp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
Just now, Batesmotel said:

Not a cleanliness issue for me. I’ve never seen a sharp house knife. 

You can usually slice the cuts of steak I order with a pat of butter. Being able to cut the steak has just never been a problem.

• Like 2

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, DAKA said:

Sorry. I didn't mean to crap all over your thread. I never need much of an excuse to buy another knife. :599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

• Like 3

I've cut many steaks with the Stockman in my pocket. Fruits, veggies, and other things as well.

Mostly because I hate using a dull knife.

Side note: if an old man offers you a piece of apple straight off the blade, take it and the advice that often comes with it. One of those was to always have a good folder in your pocket. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

Not a cleanliness issue for me. I’ve never seen a sharp house knife. 

I did use a sharp serrated steak knife today at a large chain restaurant.  It always has been sharp there and cuts very nicely.  A great complement to a marginal piece of meat.  It's to the restaurant's benefit to have sharp knives to make the meat seem tender.  

• Like 3