Shut down the green agenda and go nuclear

pipedreams

Another good article by americathinker.com.

From CNBC:

image.png.9dc6651402ec87a45c3b19f0fa948a81.png

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/08/shut_down_the_green_agenda_and_go_nuclear.html

"So you see, even when nuclear energy is shown to be clean, the left wants nuclear plants to be closed down for not meeting "decarbonization goals."  

But is that the real reason?  How can we use nuclear power if it's regulated into ineffectiveness because some people believe that zero carbon emissions is possible without seriously degrading the American lifestyle? 

Maybe degrading the American lifestyle is exactly their goal; otherwise, why don't they ever mention nuclear power for our energy?"

Decades ago, Rush Limbaugh warned that the left's "climate change" warriors would be the ones to subjugate the American populace through a green agenda: thermostats, food, cars, clothing, health care would all come under the "climate change" umbrella and would be the means by which we gave up our rights, willingly or unwillingly, to "save the planet."  He was, as usual, prescient.  Today, this is exactly what we are seeing.  Amid all the leftist rhetoric about "the planet" and "clean energy," you never hear them talk about nuclear.  Why is that?"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I say go for it! Honestly, there WILL be accidents, but I think they'll be less damaging than the hype we've seen over the years. We've survived 3 meltdowns now and we've learned a lot. Otherwise I don't believe the Earth has any long-term clean energy option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Because this has nothing to do with saving anything but using energy as a means to take money and control over society.

My area power company had decided to go "carbon free by some near future date.  I talked with some of my family that are in the Nuclear power area of the company and they act like it's a joke.

They say that the company has told the public that they are going carbon free by going Solar and Wind and other carbon free alternatives.  When I quizzed them about this, they said that the company is betting on modular nuclear generators.  Many scattered around the area so that each can feed the grid and each can be shut down or turned on as needed.

They believe this will allow them to better regulate the power generation rather than having to try to adjust output of very large generators which have limited ability to adjust their output power.  The large plants are heating the rivers to regulated level now and they can't make more power if the river temperature is close to maximum allowed.

They know that solar and wind are not the right sources with the output when it's needed.  So they are selling the public on them to allay the arguments  and slip in more smaller nuke plants.  The management is betting on Nukes for the future.  The company is just not telling the whole truth to the public.

• Like 2

Hydro electric is maybe the greenest of green energy but the left wants to tear out existing dams and build no new ones.

Windmills only generate when the wind is blowing. Solar generates only when the sun is shining. wind cannot be store back awaiting a future need. Neither can sunshine.

Hydro… turn down or off the water flow and the lake starts refilling. If water is used for irrigation, generation, or municipal purposes based on allocation formulas from high precipitation years and the formulas left unchanged, the lakes can easily be drained in times of drought. See Colorado River and its lakes. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Hydro electric is maybe the greenest of green energy but the left wants to tear out existing dams and build no new ones.

Windmills only generate when the wind is blowing. Solar generates only when the sun is shining. wind cannot be store back awaiting a future need. Neither can sunshine.

Hydro… turn down or off the water flow and the lake starts refilling. If water is used for irrigation, generation, or municipal purposes based on allocation formulas from high precipitation years and the formulas left unchanged, the lakes can easily be drained in times of drought. See Colorado River and its lakes. 

But, but...

image.jpeg.03f412580c31da377ac3995c12eb1c10.jpeg

• Haha 2

Every. Single. Part. Of windmills and solar panels require some sort of oil byproduct to manufacture, make, move, and assayable.  The mills require a large amount of oil to lubricate. None can have production increased to meet demand, and in many cases, they work when we don't need the energy they produce.

Tell me how all that is "Zero Emissions" again.

• Like 5

The whole debate has nothing to do with clean or the environment, that is what you tell the stupid foot soldiers in your war on America.

It is all about defeating the United States from within.

Guess who funded and started the environmental push? The soviet union and saudi arabia. Now the funding comes from saudi arabia and china, our own government, and in far last place a few stupid people with pensions that are duped into believing our lying enemies and giving a little money each month.

Why would our government fund it? It's because it gives control to them and because our government hired a bunch of college kids who are stupid enough to believe the lie.

It has been turned into a cult, and like most cults at the bottom it is about control of the people and profit of those higher up in the structure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, minervadoe said:

Nuclear makes so much more sense than windmills and solar panels.  But the tree huggers are incapable of doing the research and making an objective decision.  So, they follow the anti nuclear lunacy like a bunch of mindless lemmings. 

I agree. To be fair though, there has been enough hype over the years to make the public never trust the nuke industry. "Too cheap to meter", "inherently safe designs", "earthquake proof", "never in a thousand years", "high priests of scientific knowledge", and so much more. The hype for this and EV technology gives the public hope for easy answers, of which there ain't, and wise leaders, who are few and far between. :(

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1