Never Park in Detroit

Eric

I work there a lot.  I never go downtown.  I once went down 8 Mile, because M&M rules!  That was a huge huge mistake.  Don't do that.

I go to a lot of industrial sites, in bad places.  Don't stop for gas and a coffee, at 4am.  Don't do that.

Don't hesitate to run anyone over.  They mostly have it coming.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I stay in Dearborn.  The Muslims own it now.

But,  they did it right. 

They bought the buildings for $1, refurbished them,  started businesses.  Voted themselves into every public position.

You can go to a restaurant at night, with no stabbage,  because all the teenagers are too busy working at their parents business.

• Like 2

I once got called out on a service call in St. Louis. A trailer had lost a set of duals in rush hour trafic just across the bridge from Illinois. The wheels came off and split up laying to rest almost directly across from each other. Did I mention it was rush hour?

The driver stopped the truck on the shoulder just a few yards from an exit ramp. He walked up the ramp and called in to his dispatcher. Walked back to his truck to wait. By the time he got back to the truck, someone had stolen both wheels and tires. Did I mention that this happened in St. Louis rush hour traffic?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

True story #2

Another service call. I driver in an older R model Mack had a fuel leak. I got there around 3:00 int the afternoon and determined that he had a cracked steel injector line. I  removed the cracked line and since there was a Mack dealer about 25 miles away, I told the driver that I would go get the line and have him back on the road in time to make his delivery in East St. Louis.

The drive told me to take my time because there was no way he was going to try to deliver. He said that last time he got there late, he had to camp out over night. He told me that in the early hours of the morning there was a tap on his trucks door. He crawled out of his sleeper and rolled down the window. The guy told him that he had blocked him in and asked him to pull forward, so he did until the guy signaled that he had pulled forward far enough, so he shut back down and went back to sleep.

In the morning he found that the guy had pulled hime up where all of his inside duals were up on 2x4s and had stolen all 8 outside tires while he was sleeping.

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

I work there a lot.  I never go downtown.  I once went down 8 Mile, because M&M rules!  That was a huge huge mistake.  Don't do that.

I go to a lot of industrial sites, in bad places.  Don't stop for gas and a coffee, at 4am.  Don't do that.

Don't hesitate to run anyone over.  They mostly have it coming.

A friend of mine used to work for Nascar Media. When he was assigned to the IMSA series, during the trips to Belle Isle, he said they were required to go to a meeting where they were told things like never leave the hotel after dark, never walk more than a block from the hotel, and never stop for gas inside the city. He would fly in, pick up his rental car and go straight to a friend's house in Ann Arbor to stay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a friend that lived in NYC.  He said they were partying late, and when they got back to the car, some guys had it jacked up,  with lugwrenches,

The guy hollered,  "That's MY car!"

They said, "We were here first, friend!"

So they called the cops.  The cops showed up.

All the guys ran onto the sidewalk,  leaning against the wall, smoking.

The cops said, "Is this your car?"  "No sir."  "Is this your jack?" "No sir."

And then he told my friend,  "Take your jack, and go home."

He said it was a profe$$ional quality floor jack.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4