Climate change strikes again

Ricordo

"Climate change is the reason your child is fatter than you were. That’s the message CBS “News” pushed on its morning show this week.

Co-host Nate Burleson read aloud a study from a compromised outlet, a journal called “Temperature,” arguing that “climate change, specifically warmer temperatures is making our children more inactive and more obese.”

CBS endorsed a study that blames the Earth getting too hot for children being 30% less “aerobically fit” than their parents... https://www.outkick.com/cbs-climate-change-children/

And there you have it. You know...science. https://twitter.com/cctv_idiots/status/1558848425776631810?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1558848425776631810|twgr^f65f8f8f01f68f8c00e93584e6c96403b4722d78|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.joebucsfan.com%2F2022%2F08%2Fmorning-cup-of-joe%2F

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

blubber up

I don't remember seeing many fat people during the 60s and 70s. In the 80s you started seeing a trend. Something happened where folks blubbered up, probably a mix of things including metabolic, bio-chemical changes. During the 70s, I was 6' tall and 150-175 lbs. Then I went and got married in '86 and rather soon enough I hit the 200 lbs mark which I kept for decades.  And it wasn't particularly because of my wife's gourmet cooking. It wasn't. It's improved, though.

I'm back to 179. And yesterday, again, a lady told me that I didn't look 70. I "snapped" back that I was 69 and I would never forgive her for that comment.

She heartily laughed.

10 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

Mom kicked you out of the house

Actually, my Mum (RIP) didn't. I just hit the street after doing the little homework that I did. But she never said no, which I now and then construed as a tacit approval.

These days, I just don't see many kids playing outside. And it's not because my neighborhood is unsafe. 

• Like 1

We went outside to play baseball. Drank water out of a hose. Ate an apple off is a neighbor’s tree. Came back home hot, sweaty, tired and dirty. Ate a few calories and burned a lot  

Now kids sit on the sofa playing a video game, eating chips and drinking sugar filled soda. Consumed a lot of calories and burned few.

Kids are just inactive. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

inactive

Whenever a Doctor asks me if I exercise, I answer "Please define 'exercise'".

They always jot down in the file--- Patient does not exercise. Has been advised of benefits of exercise.

I can run in circles around them. After 50+ years of buying cigarettes.

• Like 1

No kids actually walk to school anymore.  That was an easy way I got 2 miles in every day.  (If we’d lived one street over, I’d have been on the bus route).  Kids don’t play outside.  I biked and skated for miles around all the developments around the school, walked a mile to Kmart, a mile and a half to Baskin-Robbins.  We had outdoor recess thru sixth grade, and I spent it jump-roping, lemon-twisting, or flipping over the monkey bars.  Over asphalt.  I had chores, indoors and out, which no one seems to give their kids anymore… mowing, weed-whacking, washing the cars, vacuuming the cars and the house, cleaning the bathrooms.  I weighed 105# soaking wet when I graduated high school.  I was doing 6-11 hours a week of martial arts in college, and walking miles to get there, and to class, and to my apt.  Then I graduated, got a sit-down job, got married, moved away from all my activities and friends, lived on pasta, and gained 20#.  Then I learned how to cook, had kids, and put on another 20# over the next 20 years.  It’s slowly coming off (down 10# this summer), but yeah, it’s about the physical activity and healthy diet.  Kids today get neither.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Ricordo said:

"Climate change is the reason your child is fatter than you were. That’s the message CBS “News” pushed on its morning show this week.

Co-host Nate Burleson read aloud a study from a compromised outlet, a journal called “Temperature,” arguing that “climate change, specifically warmer temperatures is making our children more inactive and more obese.”

CBS endorsed a study that blames the Earth getting too hot for children being 30% less “aerobically fit” than their parents... https://www.outkick.com/cbs-climate-change-children/

And there you have it. You know...science. https://twitter.com/cctv_idiots/status/1558848425776631810?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1558848425776631810|twgr^f65f8f8f01f68f8c00e93584e6c96403b4722d78|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.joebucsfan.com%2F2022%2F08%2Fmorning-cup-of-joe%2F

Look at the parents.  30% less than that may be a blessing.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Chicken and Egg.

Hyperbole, ignorance and hot air.

And the chicken had to come from an egg, no matter what it's parents genetic make up was.  But, my evolutionary take on this question usually takes a longer time period into consideration than most people are willing to discuss.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

Hyperbole, ignorance and hot air.

And the chicken had to come from an egg, no matter what it's parents genetic make up was.  But, my evolutionary take on this question usually takes a longer time period into consideration than most people are willing to discuss.

Sunny side up and lots of BACON....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Part but not all of the reason is, central a/c.

I grew up in the midwest.  There was no a/c anywhere except the movie theatre and grocery store.  You would not plop down in front of the TV because it was hot as blazes in the summertime in the house.  Outside you might catch a breeze.

OTOH, my wife said she almost never went outside in the winter unless she had to.  I was outside no matter what.  

She was and still is thin.  

It's simply diet and exercise for the vast majority of people.  To blame it on Climate Change is just ridiculous.  

• Like 2

There is no climate emergency.

1,200 scientists and professionals from across the world led by the Norwegian physics Nobel Prize laureate Professor Ivar Giaever declare:     https://clintel.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/WCD-version-06272215121.pdf

Global warming has not increased natural disasters
There is no statistical evidence that global warming is intensifying hurricanes,
floods, droughts and suchlike natural disasters, or making them more frequent.
However, there is ample evidence that CO2mitigation measures are as damaging
as they are costly.

Climate policy must respect scientific and economic realities
There is no climate emergency. Therefore, there is no cause for panic and
alarm. We strongly oppose the harmful and unrealistic net-zero CO2 policy
proposed for 2050. Go for adaptation instead of mitigation; adaptation works
whatever the causes are.

• Like 1

Hohoho we knew it was so

032c7625a94d74d6.png

There never was a climate emergency, just like there never was a Covid-19/Flu emergency!

Biggest hoax and transfer of wealth ever. If there was the slightest truth these loons have not the slightest idea of how to fix it.
Take your money, lower your living standards, control everything you do. Believe and you deserve what you get.

• Like 1

Precipitation - mainly snow - has been very low in the Rockies for years, contributing to a drought in the SouthWest. It is possible that the Colorado River will become so low that the two big dams can no longer run generators at capacity. The water that the river no longer is carrying will force people and agriculture to economize.

At what point, if ever, will California build nuclear power plants near the ocean so their electricity can be used for desalination and pumping?

• Like 1