I learned a new word today, Pareidolia

Borg warner

This is why I like reading fiction. I came across this word reading the latest book by James Patterson, "Death of the Black Widow". Patterson is one of my favorite authors, along Lee child,, Robert B Parker, Micheal Connelly, Jeffery Deaver,, David Baldachi, and Dean Koontz. Fictional books have an abundance of references to various social and cultural phenomenon as well as general knowledge. Reading fiction is part of my ongoing and continuing adult education. Pareidolia is just a fancy word for seeing literal images in random patterns but it's something I've always been interested in.

Definition of pareidolia
: the tendency to perceive a specific, often meaningful image in a random or ambiguous visual pattern The scientific explanation for some people is pareidolia, or the human ability to see shapes or make pictures out of randomness.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

This is why I like reading fiction. I came across this word reading the latest book by James Patterson, "Death of the Black Widow". Patterson is one of my favorite authors, along Lee child,, Robert B Parker, Micheal Connelly, Jeffery Deaver,, David Baldachi, and Dean Koontz. Fictional books have an abundance of references to various social and cultural phenomenon as well as general knowledge. Reading fiction is part of my ongoing and continuing adult education. Pareidolia is just a fancy word for seeing literal images in random patterns but it's something I've always been interested in.

Definition of pareidolia
: the tendency to perceive a specific, often meaningful image in a random or ambiguous visual pattern The scientific explanation for some people is pareidolia, or the human ability to see shapes or make pictures out of randomness.

The human mind has developed to look for patterns.  We tend to see patterns even when they aren't there.  It's us, it's the way our brains work.  This has been reaffirmed through many studies.

• Like 4