Hardest-Working Drummers in Rock & Roll

Eric

• Administrators

I don't know if David Grohl takes the award, but he deserves a shout. He isn't the best drummer out there, but he pours some mustard on those drums, when he plays. In addition to playing drums for Nirvana, he was the drummer in Queens of the Stoneage. Watch him in the video below. He is wailing on thise drums.

• Administrators

Something about the drummer for Wind Rose makes me smile. I staged the video below at my favorite part. You can take it back to the start, of course. If you haven't heard it beofre, it is a pretty good song.

• Like 1

• Eric changed the title to Hardest-Working Drummers in Rock & Roll

Kenny Aronoff. I've seen him play live with Bob Segar, John Mellencamp and with the original members of the Jefferson Airplane in the 1989 Jefferson Airplane reunion.

And he's played with:

Tom Petty Joe Satriani Stevie Nicks John Fogerty Cory Hart Alison Kraus Dr. John Brian Wilson Rod Stewart Bob Dylan Travis Tritt Billy Ray Sirus Tommy Iomi Leslie West Meat loaf Rodney Crowell Celine Dion the Bodeans Krokus Willie Nelson Delbert McClinton Les Paul Indigo Girls Avril Levigne Waylon Jennings George Jones Alanis Morrisette Santana Iggy Pop Joe Cocker Richard Thompson Alice Cooper Mick Jagger Earl Scruggs Glen Frey Lynyrd Skynyrd  Garth Brooks Patty Smyth The Smashing Pumpkins Eddie Money Joe Jackson BB King Jon Bon Jovi Neil Diamond Randy Newman Hank Williams Jr Lyle Lovette Bonnie Tyler Michelle shocked Daryl Hall and John Oats Marshall Crenshaw  and Charlie Watts and Jim Keltner on al album titled the Charlie watts and Jim Keltner project; A tribute to the greatest drummers.

Another favorite drummer who's played with a lot of people is Aynsly Dunbar who I saw play live with Journey

i

22 hours ago, ChuteTheMall said:

That's just fun.  There was a band? of Japanese Drummers that came thru here on tour about 15 years ago. I took my kids to see their daytime show at the university.  They talked about their training regimen afterwards, answering questions from the audience... it was insane... they ran 10K together as a group 5 days a week, lifted weights, and rehearsed.  Everything they did was about their drumming.  But then, an hour+ of drumming like they did would probably kill anyone out of shape from a heart attack.  I wish they'd come back through 'cause I'd go see them again.