Jump to content

John Wick movies


DAKA
 Share

Recommended Posts

If I'm not mistaken, John Wick represents a new genre in movie choreography.   While many modern movies make up for shoddy choreography by stitching together numerous choppy and poorly executed motions, the John Wick movies combine excellent detailed movements shot in their entirety.  Complimenting this laudable effort is Keanu Reeves work ethic which allows him to learn numerous difficult techniques.  This preserves the continuity of the shot by not forcing the obligatory cut away to a stunt man's back, or a different camera angle to constantly hide the fact that the actor is incapable of executing the techniques being executed.

Obviously, I am a big fan of fight choreography, and opinions will differ.  But, I personally find the Wick movies to be works of art and I have thoroughly enjoyed each and every one. 

Gotta love his supporting cast:

ian-mcshane-lance-reddick-john-wick-3-in

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, jmohme said:

I watched the first one. I found it in the $5 bin at Walmart so I figured I would check it out to see if it was as good as a lot of people said it was.

It wasn't and I haven't bothered with the sequels. 

The first one was definitely the best. The second was OK, and the third was "Yawn". Plenty of carnage for the unwashed, but as with most sequels they failed to reach the first one's level.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LostinTexas said:

The first one was definitely the best. The second was OK, and the third was "Yawn". Plenty of carnage for the unwashed, but as with most sequels they failed to reach the first one's level.

The first ones level was pretty much below sea level if you ask me. It did have a cool car and a cute puppy, but other than that it really kind of sucked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ChuteTheMall said:

Ridiculous to imagine a luxury hotel that only accepts assassins, all of whom play nice because of hotel rules.  That ended the series for me.

You haven't been paying attention to current events, have you?

9 minutes ago, jmohme said:

The first ones level was pretty much below sea level if you ask me. It did have a cool car and a cute puppy, but other than that it really kind of sucked.

LMAO. I never said it was a cinematic marvel, just the best of the three. :anim_lol:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, DAKA said:

"Wick" laughs all the way to the bank.....  

Wick is a fictional character that hides his gold in a secret vault under a concrete floor, not the bank, but yes, I'm sure Reeves has some nice bank accounts.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I liked them enough to stay awake thru them, which is more than I can say for a lot of movies.  But the only movies I've watched more than once in the past decade or so have been old Thin Man movies, 13th Warrior (because my youngest daughter insists on watching it for her birthday every year, and I like it, too), and Murder on the Orient Express.  Oh, and Knives Out, because the husband wanted to watch it.  

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I liked them enough to stay awake thru them, which is more than I can say for a lot of movies.  But the only movies I've watched more than once in the past decade or so have been old Thin Man movies, 13th Warrior (because my youngest daughter insists on watching it for her birthday every year, and I like it, too), and Murder on the Orient Express.  Oh, and Knives Out, because the husband wanted to watch it.  

I just watched Another Thin Man.  The scene where Shemp Howard rents a baby to take to the baby party is absolutely hilarious.  The chemistry and constant ribbing between Myrna Loy and William Powell really takes the series to another level.  I also just re-watched all of my Lloyd Nolan, Michael Shayne mysteries.  Sometimes the detective plots don't seem to add up to much, but in the case of both series, the actors breath life into the characters that just makes the roles iconic. 

tumblr_lv53tziTCP1qzo6t6o1_500.gif

tenor.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the topic of OLD MOVIES.. When I was a kid and we went to the Saturday matinees, one of the movies was sometimes a MUSICAL  O boy we hated them .Singing, dancing

little did we realize how great they really were, Actors who could Act, Sing, Dance......The precision of a Busby Berkely extravaganza, or watching Fred Astaire dance with 

Ginger Rodgers...only later in life did I realize how great they were..

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Please Donate To TBS

    Please donate to TBS.
    Your support is needed and it is greatly appreciated.
×
×
  • Create New...