I have invasive spiders in my yard.

aomagrat

5 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

This time of year spider webs around and on the outside of the house is a pain.  Mix some peppermint oil with water in a spray bottle and that gets rid of most of them.  Spiders don't seem to like peppermint.  I knocked down the webs and then sprayed the area, and no more webs for a while.  Spray again in a couple weeks, non toxic and it gets them to take up housekeeping somewhere else. 

Also handy for those who have breathing issues such as asthma.  Lots of pesticides irritate the lungs, but peppermint oil actually opens the lung passages.  Unlike that garbage Vicks we all had as a kid that did nothing but made us smell like we smoked 10 cartons of Kools. 

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

This time of year spider webs around and on the outside of the house is a pain.  Mix some peppermint oil with water in a spray bottle and that gets rid of most of them.  Spiders don't seem to like peppermint.  I knocked down the webs and then sprayed the area, and no more webs for a while.  Spray again in a couple weeks, non toxic and it gets them to take up housekeeping somewhere else. 

Me, I mix peppermint oil with dish soap and gasoline and I torch the ever-loving piss out of them. Sometimes twice. The peppermint oil gives the smoke a minty-fresh aroma.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1