Hiking is a walk that sucks

geeorge

14 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

Hiking last week. Seam on my favorite shoe blew out. Did this. Still had to load a moving truck and drive 750 miles. I still like hiking  

4F62128A-382E-4EED-B0AC-57D90843D90B.jpeg

Should have checked the tread on the shoes before going hiking. When in doubt take a spare set

1 hour ago, geeorge said:

Should have checked the tread on the shoes before going hiking. When in doubt take a spare set

Wasn’t the tread. It was the toe area. Coming down a hill the stitching finally gave out. Just slipped right out of the shoe. I had a bit of a hot spot already but hitting the ground just ripped it off. Bruising the toes hurt the most. 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

Hiking last week. Seam on my favorite shoe blew out. Did this. Still had to load a moving truck and drive 750 miles. I still like hiking  

You need to take better care of you feet!!  Not just the hot spot, accidents happen, but damn.  I don't stint on shoes.  

17 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

Moleskin doesn't cost much, doesn't weigh much, and fits in any pack. Would've protected your foot.

6ou3jk.jpg

• Like 1