Jump to content

Dang, it's getting so bad Bangladeshi street burgers aren't safe


Recommended Posts


"The poisoned British family in Bangladesh had eaten a takeaway burger and juice just hours before they all fell unconscious and two of them died, it has been revealed.

Rafiqul Islam, who is in his 50s, and Mahiqul Islam, 16, were found dead in a rented flat locked from the inside in the Tajpur area of Sylhet on Tuesday.

The Cardiff taxi driver's wife Hosne Ara Islam, 40, their daughter Samira Islam, 19, and son Sadikul Islam, 21, were also found unconscious and are still in hospital, with the teenager in a critical condition.

Police have remained baffled as to the cause of the sudden mass illness, with the father and son allegedly found with brown and blue liquids inside their nose after police broke down the door of the flat.

Now, it has emerged that the family of five bought burgers and juice from a nearby Taipur market which they ate together before falling unconscious, according to local news outlet Daily Sylhet."

More at the link.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Please Donate To TBS

    Please donate to TBS.
    Your support is needed and it is greatly appreciated.
  • Create New...