Shoot the gun out of his hand

Silentpoet

I don't care who you are, cop, military, civilian, flying spaghetti monster, etc., if someone is brandishing a gun or knife or any other weapon at you in a way that's threatening to you and you're in fear of your life or grieve bodily injury, you shoot the ****** until the threat is stopped.  Whether the threat dies or not doesn't matter so long as the threat is gone.  None of this bullshit of warning shots or shooting in the leg or shooting a gun out of someone's hand.  CoM shots.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This happens every few years and the media always makes a huge deal out of it. I think they want to feed the ignorance that believes it's a sound tactical option.

In at least a few of the cases over the years it wasn't good shooting, it was a miss that ended up being really lucky for the cop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I took force on force training, including the Tueller drill. Sometimes it was gun vs gun, from concealment.

Everybody got shot with airsoft in the hand holding the gun, because under stress and time pressure we all use point shooting from isoceles position and the gun is held right in front of center mass.

Didn't hurt quite enough to drop the airsoft pistol in the dirt, maybe 9mm would hurt more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChuteTheMall said:

I took force on force training, including the Tueller drill. Sometimes it was gun vs gun, from concealment.

Everybody got shot with airsoft in the hand holding the gun, because under stress and time pressure we all use point shooting from isoceles position and the gun is held right in front of center mass.

Didn't hurt quite enough to drop the airsoft pistol in the dirt, maybe 9mm would hurt more.

This is why you practice with the weak hand also. I do it in case a bear is gnawing on one of my shooting hands.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2022 at 11:04 PM, Fog said:

This happens every few years and the media always makes a huge deal out of it. I think they want to feed the ignorance that believes it's a sound tactical option.

In at least a few of the cases over the years it wasn't good shooting, it was a miss that ended up being really lucky for the cop.

I think it probably was a lucky miss.

• Like 1