More Song Lyrics Goofs

Eric

• Administrators

I was just listening to Ironic, by Alanis Morissette. I've heard that song hundreds of times, over the years. In the first verse, I swear to God I always thought she was saying, "It's a death throw hard-on, two minutes too late." This lyric never made complete sense to me, but damn it, that's what it sounded like. Listening to the song tonight, actually I was watching the music video, I happened to be watching her lips as she sang the words and realized she was saying, "It's a death row pardon, two minutes too late." That makes a lot more sense. Although both phrases kinda fit, what good is wood two minutes before you check out?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Morissette is undeniably talented, but I always found her voice a bit grating. I like the song Ironic in spite of that, but it is still a little annoying. In all the years she has played on various radios in the background though, I either never heard, or never noticed a song by her called Univited, until tonight. It is by far the best song she has done. I love discovering something new/new to me like this. It is a beautiful song.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Long ago,  we saw Paul McCartney in concert (scary-good seats!).  He finished one song, and paused to the massive applause,  and belted right into the next song (a classic Beatles).

He got a full verse into it,  when he suddenly slapped his palm across his guitar strings, to a dead stop.  The band full-stopped one second later.

He stood there for a couple seconds and then sheepishly said,  "I started that in the middle."

Then he just banged right back into it.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Gunboat1 said:

Alanis is the personification of the bitchy ex-wife or girlfriend.   Definitely a "do-not-date."

And her voice sounds like two cats fighting in an aluminum outhouse.

The crazy ones are always a wild ride, until the wheels fall off.