Jump to content

We lost another one


geeorge
 Share

Recommended Posts

A big reason he was chosen for that role is because he was a world-class gymnast for his age.

They had planned on focusing on that as part of his "All American Boy" persona.

Not much time to practice,  when you're making money in on of TV's hottest shows,  I guess.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, FullClip said:

"Leave It To Beaver" wasn't part of my childhood..   We didn't get that station up in Aroostook county.

 

But RIP Wally, 

I did not watch that either...Anyone remember Lucky Pup...Foodini (?) and Pin Head?     Buffalo Bob, ring a bell?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FullClip said:

"Leave It To Beaver" wasn't part of my childhood..   We didn't get that station up in Aroostook county.

 

But RIP Wally, 

You people living in the out back had to do with out the Beaver?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Pogey Bait said:

the attached NYT article says the obit was published in error.  

 

 

Edit-no looks like he has left us.  RIP Wally.  Say hi to June and Ward.  

Last I read son said he was in his last hours but had not yet passed.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DAKA said:

You are probably ALMOST as old as me    

I'm 74. Do you remember Kukla, Fran, and Ollie? How about Miss Francis at Ding Dong School? And how about Andy's Gang with Andy Divine and Froggy? I was about the right age for Leave it to Beaver which ran from 1957 to 1963 and always enjoyed watching the reruns years later.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Borg warner said:

I'm 74. Do you remember Kukla, Fran, and Ollie? How about Miss Francis at Ding Dong School? And how about Andy's Gang with Andy Divine and Froggy? I was about the right age for Leave it to Beaver which ran from 1957 to 1963 and always enjoyed watching the reruns years later.

Hey Borg    I'm just a little older than you...1935  (you figger'it out) :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

Yes to Kookla, never watched Beaver, don't remember Andy's gang....:dunno:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I found this on a pet-related site. Suspect, though, that it expresses sentiments held by many humans receiving hospice care.

May I Go Now?

by Susan A. Jackson

May I go now?
Do you think the time is right?
May I say goodbye to pain filled days
and endless lonely nights?
I've lived my life and done my best,
an example tried to be.
So can I take that step beyond
and set my spirit free?

I didn't want to go at first,
I fought with all my might.
But something seems to draw me now
to a warm and loving light.
I want to go
I really do.
It's difficult to stay.

But I will try as best I can
to live just one more day.
To give you time to care for me
and share your love and fears.
I know you're sad and afraid,
because I see your tears.

I'll not be far,
I promise that, and hope you'll always know
that my spirit will be close to you
wherever you may go.
Thank you so for loving me.
You know I love you too,
that's why it's hard to say goodbye
and end this life with you.

So hold me now just one more time
and let me hear you say,
because you care so much for me,
you'll let me go today.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Borg warner said:

I'm 74. Do you remember Kukla, Fran, and Ollie? How about Miss Francis at Ding Dong School? And how about Andy's Gang with Andy Divine and Froggy? I was about the right age for Leave it to Beaver which ran from 1957 to 1963 and always enjoyed watching the reruns years later.

"Pluck your magic twanger, Froggy!".

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

I found this on a pet-related site. Suspect, though, that it expresses sentiments held by many humans receiving hospice care.

May I Go Now?

by Susan A. Jackson

May I go now?
Do you think the time is right?
May I say goodbye to pain filled days
and endless lonely nights?
I've lived my life and done my best,
an example tried to be.
So can I take that step beyond
and set my spirit free?

I didn't want to go at first,
I fought with all my might.
But something seems to draw me now
to a warm and loving light.
I want to go
I really do.
It's difficult to stay.

But I will try as best I can
to live just one more day.
To give you time to care for me
and share your love and fears.
I know you're sad and afraid,
because I see your tears.

I'll not be far,
I promise that, and hope you'll always know
that my spirit will be close to you
wherever you may go.
Thank you so for loving me.
You know I love you too,
that's why it's hard to say goodbye
and end this life with you.

So hold me now just one more time
and let me hear you say,
because you care so much for me,
you'll let me go today.

 

I included this in my funeral thoughts.  I hope my kids/wife will post it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Please Donate To TBS

    Please donate to TBS.
    Your support is needed and it is greatly appreciated.
×
×
  • Create New...