House Democrats Targeting at Least 40 Specific AR-15 Rifles in New ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban

pipedreams

"The bill, if enacted, would allow the sale of such weapons that are already lawfully possessed and would not apply to antique, manually-operated, or certain hunting and sporting firearms, the House panel stated.

According to the text of the bill (pdf), which is backed by Rep. David Cicilline (D-R.I.), it would ban at least 40 specific AR-15-style rifles, including the “Bushmaster ACR, Bushmaster Carbon 15, Bushmaster MOE series, Bushmaster XM15, Chiappa Firearms MFour rifles, Colt Match Target rifles, CORE Rifle Systems CORE15 rifles, Daniel Defense M4A1 rifles, Devil Dog Arms 15 Series rifles,” and more.

The measure would ban certain AR-style pistols such as the “DoubleStar Corporation AR pistol, DPMS AR–15 pistol, Jesse James Nomad AR–15 pistol, Olympic Arms AR–15 pistol, Osprey Armament MK–18 pistol, POF USA AR pistols, Rock River Arms LAR 15 pistol,” and others, according to bill’s text."

https://www.theepochtimes.com/house-democrats-targeting-at-least-40-specific-ar-15-rifles-in-new-assault-weapons-ban_4600893.html

"“It is thus premature to make definitive assessments of the ban’s impact on gun violence. Should it be renewed, the ban’s effects on gun violence are likely to be small at best and perhaps too small for reliable measurement,” the report added."

Couple Comments:

Power and control, that’s the Demonrat agenda. Biden thinks he’s King George. That didn’t work out well for the British in the 1770’s and it won’t work out well for the Demonrats in 2022. I have been following the gun rights issue for over 50 years. The Demonrats have been trying to disarm Americans at every turn.The only way to maintain your rights is to relegate the Demonrat party to the ash heap of history in November.

It won’t pass the second house. Democrats are so afraid that we true Americans will run their Marxist Woke asses out of Washington in 2024 when they refuse to get out of our White House. Red Wave Coming.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

It has been and will continue to be about control.  I don’t think anyone has the freedom we have in owning firearms, but that right has been under relentless attack.  Those who would be king cannot do so when the peasants have more firepower than they do.  I pray we get a red tide of true conservatives as the alternative isn’t pleasant.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The left preaches dependence to our young people.  With dependence comes control.  Most who preach dependence are insecure and afraid of the world.  They are looking for someone else for life's answers.  

This is a new phenomenon and comes directly from schools.  When you are taught that you must be a party to everyone else's fears, trials, and tribulations, you are put into an untenable position.  Simply said, you cannot and should not be expected to be the solution to everyone else's problems.

Their problems are theirs!  They are responsible for dealing with their own issues in life.  They can ask for help, but the asking is up to them.  You cannot force help on others.

When you make people feel they have no control over their own lives, they lash out at those perceived antagonists and with more emotional despair, they lash out more violently.

In the recent past, individuals were taught that they are the ones, the only ones, that can deal with their personal problems.  We educated people to teach them how to find answers for themselves, we did not try to tell those people "the answers".  Dealing with personal issues requires self confidence, the confidence that you control your own destiny.  You are the one who needs to take action to solve your own problems, not someone else who has a different agenda than you do.

I was taught to deal with my problems, to be able to find solutions, to develop solutions that didn't impact others badly.  I was taught that my future was in my own hands and that if I wanted something bad enough, I could work and dedicate my own efforts to that end. I was encouraged to be proactive.

I was taught skills, more correctly, I was exposed to skills so that I could see what and how they might make my life better if I chose to develop them in myself. I was taught that with knowledge, I could do the things that interested me and that may benefit me.  I was solely responsible for making my life better, no one else, just me.

I was also taught that while I was making my life better, that I should be cognizant of my actions on others and ensure that I didn't harm others  just to improve my position.

Among a myriad of other things, I was taught empathy and consideration are beneficial to me.  that if I considered the welfare of others I may receive like consideration.  That was no guarantee, there are no guarantees in life, only the determination and dedication necessary to assume the responsibility for my own actions.

Somehow we have been taught none of this.  Instead, now, we are taught that our very lives and happiness is due to the largess of others and we must depend on them for everything.

Today's lessons for life are bullshit.

• Thanks 1