TBS Fundraiser: Donate and Win A G19, A Rossi .22Mag/.410 Combo Gun or One of Three Great Knives!

Eric

• 6 months later...
  • Administrators

Hi folks. It is that time again. TBS's coffers are low and I am going to try to raise some cash to keep the lights on.

The fundraiser will run between now and July 22nd. The winners will be chosen on the evening of July 29th. I really hate having to run these fundraisers as much as some of you probably dislike seeing them, but they keep the doors open here. I want everyone who participates how much I appreciate the support. I want you ALL to know how much I appreciate and enjoy your participation here.

The prize list:

1. 1st Prize is a Glock G19, with three 15-round magazines.
  2. 2nd Prize is a Cobratec Renegade R440CTNS knife.
  3. 3rd Prize is a Buck 891 Spear Point 5.5" Combat Knife & sheath.
  4. 4th Prize is a Böker Plus Tactical Big D2 Balisong Knife.

I'll include pics and info in posts below.

Here is a link to the Donations page: https://theboresite.com/donate/make-donation/

Thanks again. Eric

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

The Cobratec Renegade is a stout knife. I've always liked a fix blade knife with a thick blade. This one was well built. The grind work and grip fitting was done very nicely. The knife comes with its sheath and original box.

The Blade Renegade is full tang construction with a G10 handle. The knife includes a Kydex sheath.

All CobraTec Knives are backed by a LIFETIME WARRANTY.

• 6 inch 440C Stainless Steel Blade
  • 6 mm Thickness
  • 5.5 inch Handle
  • Full Tang Construction
  • 11.5 inch in total length

IMG_2294.JPG

IMG_2295.JPG

IMG_2296.JPG

IMG_2297.JPG

IMG_2298.JPG

Click Here To Donate

• Like 1

• Administrators

The Buck 891 Spear Point 5.5" fixed-blade Combat Knife is another favorite of mine. The knife fits well in the hand and the contouring on the G-10 grip panels gives a firm, no-slip purchase. I like the grind of the blade and the knife's overall size and shape. It is a basic knife, but it would be a damned capable knife to have, in almost any situation.

Buck GCK Spear Point #0891BKS

Blade: Spear Point, Cerakote Sniper Grey 5160 steel
Length: 5 1/2" (14.0 cm)
Thickness: 0.200"
Overall: 10 3/4" (27.3 cm)
Weight: 9.9 oz (280.7 g)
Handle: Black G10
Sheath: Injection molded polypropylene with heavy duty polyester, MOLLE compatible, in black.

IMG_2290.JPG

IMG_2291.JPG

IMG_2292.JPG

IMG_2293.JPG

Click Here To Donate

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

I've always loved butterfly knives and Böker products, so I was excited when this knife came out. It is nicely designed and very well made. The lock is as good as I've ever had on a butterfly knife. This knife comes with a nylon soft-side case and its original packaging. This is a beautiful knife.

• Pocket Knife
  • Yes
  • Boker Plus
  • 9.29 in
  • 4.21 in
  • 0.12 in
  • 5.04 oz
  • D2
  • G10
  • Manual
  • Balisong
  • Black
  • Uncoated

IMG_2286.JPG

IMG_2288.JPG

IMG_2289.JPG

Click Here To Donate

• Thanks 1

• Eric pinned this topic
2 hours ago, kerbie18 said:

I donated a little, but honestly, it saddens me. I miss the olden days when I supported a website by tolerating all the adds and occasionally clicking on them. I know, I know, different times...

I hate the ads.  I like the raffles better.  No one around here lets me buy a lottery ticket unless the pot is over half a billion dollars, so this satisfies my urge to gamble, and I can pretend my motivations are purely to do some good.  Now they are all laughing at me for thinking I fool any of them with my pure motivations... jerks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Things are getting off to a flat start. I think this economy must have everyone over a barrel.

I am going to sweeten the pot a little. I am going to offer a stainless steel & black Rossi break-over convertible .22Mag/.410 shotgun combo gun, with carrying case, as a second prize. This was offered in the last fundraiser and the person who won it donated it back to the site. I am going to offer it again. It is a great little gun.

I am a big fan of break-over convertibles like this and .22Mag & .410 shotgun are two calibers with an awful lot of utility between them. This is an ideal gun to toss in the trunk, or under the seat of a truck and forget about it, until you need it. The gun breaks down and switches between calibers in seconds. I've never fired this rifle (Got it barely used many years ago), but I've always had this one or one like it sitting around somewhere. It's a good little gun.

Anyway, first prize will be the Spike's Tactical AR15 and second prize will be this little rifle. Good luck everyone and thanks again for the support.

IMG_0546.thumb.JPG.adf3b21e422684246c160a6f3b121cea.JPG

IMG_0548.thumb.JPG.a315bd7fb9ad50550cf630cfd28d7c43.JPG

IMG_0549.thumb.JPG.6e1232e1cb642ac2d89cee2b7db78f6c.JPG

IMG_0550.thumb.JPG.2986d20434b89d4eae919531aef6dede.JPG

IMG_0552.thumb.JPG.9accc455d83d2b95c803504b16bf105a.JPG

IMG_0553.thumb.JPG.d51b7b982d2421b978182d66393fa833.JPG

Click Here To Donate

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
Just now, railfancwb said:

Did not realize an AR-15 was in play. You had my interest at Glock 26. 

I'm sorry, there isn't one. I just tried to copy the Rossi description and images post from the previous fundraiser thread and screwed it up. I'd offer the rifle if I still had it. I have added the Rossi .22Mag / .410 combo gun back as a prize. Sorry to get your hopes up.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Eric changed the title to TBS Fundraiser: Donate and Win A G19, A Rossi .22Mag/.410 Combo Gun or One of Three Great Knives!
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
11 hours ago, Paul53 said:

Is it possible possible to offer tiered prizes? Say an AR for those who give $50? 

Hello. If I have another of theses fundraisers, I'll kick around doing that. It is an interesting idea. I don't feel right about changing the rules for this one mid-stream though. I hope you understand.

FWIW, I am not offering an AR for this fundraiser. I am offering a G19, the Rossi rifle/shotgun combo and the knives. If I could afford to add one, I would, but the fundraiser hasn't covered the cost of the existing prizes yet. That is not a critisism. Everyone's help is so much appreciated. It is just the reality of the situation. Times are tight for everyone right now, I guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Donations/Value…

With modern off the shelf guns as prizes, everyone can easily determine reasonable fair market values for new and excellent used ones. With knives such as you are offering maybe not so much. I’m not a knife person and am clueless about those values. My donations have not been about prizes but about the site. I’m sure many do consider prizes when deciding about donations. And that’s OK.

FWIW my EDC knife is a $10 China-made Kershaw from Walmart which meets my needs and is kept sharp. As I said… I’m not a knife person. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/20/2022 at 6:03 PM, Mrs.Cicero said:

I hate the ads.  I like the raffles better.  No one around here lets me buy a lottery ticket unless the pot is over half a billion dollars, so this satisfies my urge to gamble, and I can pretend my motivations are purely to do some good.  Now they are all laughing at me for thinking I fool any of them with my pure motivations... jerks.

LOL, I'm in California - most of the prizes can't be sent to California anyways - so it's all for fun and to help support the site.

• Like 2

• Eric unpinned this topic
  • Administrators

Sorry, guys. I’ve been dealing with some computer issues all day and I still haven’t gotten everything resolved. I need some files off of the damaged computer to move forward, so I am going to move the drawing till tomorrow, Saturday, 07-30-22. I’ll post the winners tomorrow evening. I’m sorry about this. Computers suck. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1