I H8 eating in the car!

gwalchmai

It never really appealed to me, but as I've become more discerning crotchety I've grown to love it less. Fortunately, with the little car I can claim "Never eatin' in the little car" precedence,, which helps. Mrs. G has no qualms - let the fries fall where they may. - SHEESH!

• Sad 1

I can't stand the mess in the car.  Invariably, some paper/s food winds up on the floor or God forbid, some piece of food stains my upholstery.

I can't stand to eat with my fingers either.  Doctor says to use a moisturizer on my forearms where the skin is paper thin due to sun damage all my life.  I can't stand the feeling of greasy on my skin.

So!  I eat Pizza with a knife and fork, I eat Ribs (God I love Ribs) by filleting them first with a knife and fork and cutting the meat into pieces to eat with a fork.

I'm so screwed up! However, I have never had a complain about my "eating habits" where is comes to my wife.................  She accepts me as I am, a Lesbian!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Used to be fun when my kids were a bit younger when we got into the car late at night and then would go to Jack In The Box and get our food and just drive around aimlessly eating.  As much as I hate driving, it is pretty nice when you literally have no destination to go. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Maser said:

Used to be fun when my kids were a bit younger when we got into the car late at night and then would go to Jack In The Box and get our food and just drive around aimlessly eating.  As much as I hate driving, it is pretty nice when you literally have no destination to go. 

When I was little, my father and mother would load us into the car on a Friday night and we would go for either a Root Beer or we'd get a candy bar.  My father always would buy a Nut Goodie for himself.

We would park on main street and just watch the people walking by.  To this day I love to people watch. 

I have a separate monitor  running all the time with the street out in front of Sloppy Joe's Bar in Key West, just to watch the people in a Tropical climate................ 

Women will walk from the beach through down town in bikinis.  Some are marvelous, some should not.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I can't stand the mess in the car.  Invariably, some paper/s food winds up on the floor or God forbid, some piece of food stains my upholstery.

I can't stand to eat with my fingers either.  Doctor says to use a moisturizer on my forearms where the skin is paper thin due to sun damage all my life.  I can't stand the feeling of greasy on my skin.

So!  I eat Pizza with a knife and fork, I eat Ribs (God I love Ribs) by filleting them first with a knife and fork and cutting the meat into pieces to eat with a fork.

I'm so screwed up! However, I have never had a complain about my "eating habits" where is comes to my wife.................  She accepts me as I am, a Lesbian!

Do you also use a knife and fork on your Snickers Bar?

• Haha 1

Back when my wife to be and I were dating, we'd often go to Eat-N-Park for burgers and ate in my cars. It was curb service and afterward we would watch the drag racing. We also ate in the car at the drive in theater. That ended when we got married except some times we would stop for McDonald's burgers while out shopping.YMMV. tom.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, deputy tom said:

Back when my wife to be and I were dating, we'd often go to Eat-N-Park for burgers and ate in my cars. It was curb service and afterward we would watch the drag racing. We also ate in the car at the drive in theater. That ended when we got married except some times we would stop for McDonald's burgers while out shopping.YMMV. tom.

Back when, I used to enjoy that, as well. But cars were bigger, I was smaller, and drive-in restaurants were setup for in-car dining. :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Borg warner said:

If I mess it up. I can clean it up. But usually I wait until the passenger side floorboard gets filled up to the level of the seat and then I get out a large trash bag and clean out the floor and the seat and maybe do a little detailing,

Get out the Roach spray :nono:

• Like 1

I hate when people eat in my truck.  Well, to be specific, when OTHER people eat in my truck.  They drop their dang fries between the seats, on the floor, spill stuff and stain the upholstery and they leave the trash in my truck.  I, on the other hand, manage to eat without making a mess and throw out the bag when I'm done.  I don't know who raised these children to be such slobs...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Met Mrs. N at a burger place called "Custers Last Stand" when I was 18.  It was a teen age hangout, kids from all the high schools in the country would circulate around the drive in checking each other out.

They had some inside seating, but generally you ordered from the car and the waitress brought the food to you on a tray that they hooked over the side window of the car.

A buddy of mine swore they had the best burgers around.  I can't ever remember eating food there, just cokes.  

We still have a root beer stand here in town where they handle food the same way.  Pretty good hot dogs.  I generally mange to drop something in my lap or on the floor.  Mrs. N never seems to do that.

Custers is long gone now.  Replaced with a convenience store.

Custers.jpg

• Sad 1

Long ago,  my brother-in-law,  in his brand new (to him) classic, immaculate, Jeep (I don't remember,  one of the big boxy ones), like two days after he bought it,  gave his two- and four-year old,  in the backseat,  bags of Taco Bell.

The cringe is still stuck on my face.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Back in '76 I had a sweet Trans Am. Low miles, Cragar Mags, tuned dual exhaust, functional hood scoop. Yellow. 400 and 4 speed. I'd spit shine it and it was always spotless. Right up until the ex would haul the kids to town and stop at McDonalds. Foot prints on the back of the bucket seats. Greasy hand smears everywhere. French fries mashed into the carpet, and wrappers on the floor. She never could figure out that it would be better to eat inside McD's and leave the mess behind, have the runts wash their hands before getting back in the car. I started driving the car to work and left the F250 High Boy for her. The miles she drove dropped significantly, but her bitching increased.

• Like 1