Canadian PM Trudeau announces legislation to ‘freeze’ handgun ownership

gwalchmai

Sic semper tyrannis:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/canadas-trudeau-freeze-handgun-ownership-mandatory-buybacks

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced Monday that his government is introducing legislation to "implement national freeze on handgun ownership" throughout the country. 

"What this means is that it will no longer be possible to buy, sell, transfer or import handguns anywhere in Canada," Trudeau said at a press conference. 

"We recognize that the vast majority of gun owners use them safely and in accordance with the law, but other than using firearms for sport shooting and hunting, there is no reason anyone in Canada should need guns in their everyday lives."

• Sad 1

Apparently, representative government in Canada no longer exists.

The Prime Minister just decrees what he wants and it's the law.

How long before Mr. Trudeau requires Canadians to call him Big Brother?

And will he hire that wacky Jankowicz woman for his Ministry of Truth?

And, does the Big Guy get 10%?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great Britain and all of the former British colonies - except one - don’t trust their SUBJECTS with guns and increasingly not even with knives.

Some people in that one are desperately trying to remove guns from its CITIZENS and make them SUBJECTS. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all of us command.
Because your arm knows how to carry the sword,
It knows how to carry the cross!
Your story is an epic
Of the most brilliant exploits.
God keep our land glorious and free!
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee

"WE STAND ON GUARD FOR THEE" ???

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

Sic semper tyrannis:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/canadas-trudeau-freeze-handgun-ownership-mandatory-buybacks

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced Monday that his government is introducing legislation to "implement national freeze on handgun ownership" throughout the country. 

"What this means is that it will no longer be possible to buy, sell, transfer or import handguns anywhere in Canada," Trudeau said at a press conference. 

"We recognize that the vast majority of gun owners use them safely and in accordance with the law, but other than using firearms for sport shooting and hunting, there is no reason anyone in Canada should need guns in their everyday lives."

so protecting your own life and those dearest to you is not as good a reason for gun ownership as Sport shooting or hunting?  Apparently, an individual's life in Canada has little value to the government.

• Like 2

Remember the common phrase popular in movies in the 1930 and 1940s, You'll take it and you'll like it.

I feel like James Cagney is slapping us in the face, but because he's unpredictably violent, we take it and like it and hope someone even tougher comes along and saves us.

No one is coming.

We don't have to take it, we sure as Hell don't have to like it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, railfancwb said:

Maybe they didn’t. 

I assume that Canada has major cities that are liberal strongholds, the same as the USA. So the true Canadians, that uphold the traditions of the northern hard workers, are far outnumbered by the larger liberal cities. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, railfancwb said:

I’m sure drug runners will never bring guns into Canada for resale. 

Just like where did most the alcohol that went to Chicago and Detroit come from during prohibition.  I'm sure turnabout would be fair game...

8 hours ago, Maser said:

What's gonna happen to Canada once Queen Elizabeth dies?  She technically is still the ruler there isn't she? 

Think Canada, Australia and New Zealand, at least, are still part of the British Commonwealth. How much beyond a figurehead and possibly face on currency the British Monarch is in the Commonwealth I don’t know. The son who is heir apparent will presumably become the next monarch should he outlive Queen Elizabeth. 

Alright, I hope all of you can appreciate the risk I'm taking to divulge this bit of sensitive insider info I am about to share on this subject. I have it on good authority that Justin Trudeau is...

a POS.