First Annual WGaS Award Nominations

Eric

• Administrators

In light of the lamentable, often bizarre nature of the modern day ‘news’, how about a new TBS tradition:  An annual Bore Site WHO Gives A **** award. Let’s nominate a dozen or so ‘news’ stories to be voted on for the first annual WGaS award.

Post your nominations here. Once we have a dozen or so good candidates, I’ll post them in a poll thread and we can vote on a winner.

I am going to start things off by nominating the news coverage of Johnny Depp’s divorce. Really, who gives a ****?

Keep it going. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, since I have been following the Depp v Heard trial since the start, my nominee for WGaS award goes to those who complain about the trial.  Not just for the trial but for ANYONE who complains about something they're not interested in.  Nobody has a gun to your head and is forcing you to watch.  Besides who doesn't love a good cross exam?  ;)

So yeah, my nomination for WGaS award goes to those who complain about things that have nothing to do with them, nor affects them in any way. 

• Haha 2

The complaint is, that we're just about forced to listen to it because it keeps popping up everywhere.

For example, people will post multiple youtube links in a thread that started out by clearly stating "WGaS" about it because we DON'T want to hear about it.

• Like 1

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Maser said:

Well, since I have been following the Depp v Heard trial since the start, my nominee for WGaS award goes to those who complain about the trial.  Not just for the trial but for ANYONE who complains about something they're not interested in.  Nobody has a gun to your head and is forcing you to watch.  Besides who doesn't love a good cross exam?  ;)

So yeah, my nomination for WGaS award goes to those who complain about things that have nothing to do with them, nor affects them in any way. 

Swing and a miss. The award is for stories in the news. I'll give your tantrum an honorable mention though. :greensupergrin:

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:

The complaint is, that we're just about forced to listen to it because it keeps popping up everywhere.

For example, people will post multiple youtube links in a thread that started out by clearly stating "WGaS" about it because we DON'T want to hear about it.

I do admit that in my household I'm the only one who doesn't watch TV anymore, but when my wife and kids are watching, I really don't notice the local news saying much about the trial.  I think a lot of people are really missing what this trial is representing.  For way too long now the #MeToo movement has been allowing malevolent women to make up stories about men in hopes of not only getting all their money, but destroying their whole lives in the process.  When Depp wins this trial, I will also be following the Marilyn Manson trial to see yet another critical blow dealt to such an awful movement.  Finally, this trial is probably the most entertaining thing to come out of Hollywood in a long time.  :D

37 minutes ago, Eric said:

Swing and a miss. The award is for stories in the news. I'll give your tantrum an honorable mention though. :greensupergrin:

Apparently I struck a nerve with Emperor Powellpatine. ;) 

So news stories only huh?  That's tough because local news is filled with WGaS nominees.  Probably gonna piss off lots of parents by saying this, but the baby formula shortage is a real winner with me.  One of the things I am most intolerant over is parents neglecting kids and that includes parents who allow their kids to become obese.  Infants raised on formula are more likely to have childhood obesity problems than infants raised on breast milk due to formula having such a high fat content and infants being pretty much invalids and not exercising.  And yeah, I get that some women can't produce breast milk and that's heartbreaking because one of the most beautiful and natural things to see is a mother nurturing her baby the way nature intended her to.  However, we live in a world full of alternatives.  There's plenty of YouTube channels out there dedicated to natural baby foods and formulas.  So yeah, that's my WGaS news story nominee. 

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Maser said:

Apparently I struck a nerve with Emperor Powellpatine. ;)

Oddly enough, I was thinking the very same thing about you when I read your Depp trial response. :anim_lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChuteTheMall said:

Nothing comes close to the Depp-Heard publicity stunt, but since we need more nominees, all I can think of is the CNN streaming service, CNN+. Aaaaand, it's gone.

Speaking of publicity stunts, I was actually kinda surprised how fast the Will Smith/Chris Rock fiasco went away.  Not complaining, just figured it was gonna last longer. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

That one pretty much wins.  

Really, WGaS about it?

I actually enjoyed the story about Johnny Dope and his dingbat ex wife. It helped take my mind off all the news story's about what Obama's sock puppet, Joe Biden, is doing to try to ruin our county.  I especially liked the part about her crapping on the bed.

• Haha 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, ChuteTheMall said:

Sri Lanka is defaulting on its national debt for the first time ever.

That's probably on account of their troubles with the Mexican Staring Frog of Southern Sri Lanka. It's a thing.

206.webp

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

WGaS what color, gender, sexual orientation the latest White House official liar/press secretary is?

Right. The important thing is I seriously doubt that she'll be able to lie as good with a straight face as Jen Psaki.

cartoonjen.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, ChuteTheMall said:

When Biden learned that gasoline was cheaper by the liter than the gallon, he signed an executive order to put the federal government on the metric system.

Think this was tried briefly during the Carter era. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1