Whoohoo! I'm getting a tractor!

Mrs.Cicero

1 hour ago, gwalchmai said:

My FIL has a Kubota L3139 I have access to. It fears no evil. Around here it is called a cute little tractor... :supergrin:

image.jpeg.633239c3e72099fd7962b12a11eeac32.jpeg

My neighbor has one of those!  He was over here with it yesterday... and when we realized exactly how many more projects we have to do besides the one he was doing for us., and how much faster they would go if we did them with the front end loader instead of shovels and the danged garden cart (especially with the garden tractor down for the count so unavailable to pull it).. well... 

• Like 2

I find myself using my J.D. for things I wouldn't have thought of when I first bought it. No more heavy lifting. Want to put something in the back of the truck? J.D. does the work. Yesterday I was splitting firewood with my log splitter. After splitting, the wood went into the bucket that was sitting a waist level. Then drove to the area where it was to be stacked. Left the bucket at waist level to unload and stack. No bending over. Woohoo. I got exercise, and so did J.D.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

I find myself using my J.D. for things I wouldn't have thought of when I first bought it. No more heavy lifting. Want to put something in the back of the truck? J.D. does the work. Yesterday I was splitting firewood with my log splitter. After splitting, the wood went into the bucket that was sitting a waist level. Then drove to the area where it was to be stacked. Left the bucket at waist level to unload and stack. No bending over. Woohoo. I got exercise, and so did J.D.

I will never again attempt to lift a deer into the back of the truck myself...  (it never worked). The front end loader can do it for me!!!

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

For moose I have a receiver welded to the headache rack on my truck. I winch them in.

I'd imagine there is heavy brush terrain where even your truck can't reach a moose. Drag it out to your truck?? ATV?

• Like 2

We've had a 30hp L3000DT Kubota with bucket on front for a long time.  Makes life much easier.

Recently borrowed a 23hp B series with a backhoe for a narrower digging job.

Made digging straight down MUCH easier than using the regular bucket.  

We'd love to have a backhoe for our tractor, but they stopped making them years ago as models changed over time.  I'm sure we could get one and have someone adapt it to work with our tractor, but since now we have the one we can borrow when we need it (not that often it's really NEEDED vs just much nicer to have).

3 point implements are pretty universal, but bucket loaders, backhoes, and some other things aren't, so consider everything that bolts to the tractor that you might need in the future as part of your purchase right now, as it might not be available anymore when you decide it would be nice to have.

Our tractor has a set of forklift forks that can attach to the bucket at the outside edges (the local mill where my dad worked got rid of the forklift but still had spare forks for it, so they let him have them).  Too wide for picking up pallets (at the outer ends of a 5 foot wide bucket) but great for lifting small logs and hauling lumber or firewood around.  (and by small logs I mean 12 foot long 18 inch diameter, though I've managed logs over 2' through if they were dry and a little shorter)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

We've had a 30hp L3000DT Kubota with bucket on front for a long time.  Makes life much easier.

Recently borrowed a 23hp B series with a backhoe for a narrower digging job.

Made digging straight down MUCH easier than using the regular bucket.  

We'd love to have a backhoe for our tractor, but they stopped making them years ago as models changed over time.  I'm sure we could get one and have someone adapt it to work with our tractor, but since now we have the one we can borrow when we need it (not that often it's really NEEDED vs just much nicer to have).

3 point implements are pretty universal, but bucket loaders, backhoes, and some other things aren't, so consider everything that bolts to the tractor that you might need in the future as part of your purchase right now, as it might not be available anymore when you decide it would be nice to have.

Our tractor has a set of forklift forks that can attach to the bucket at the outside edges (the local mill where my dad worked got rid of the forklift but still had spare forks for it, so they let him have them).  Too wide for picking up pallets (at the outer ends of a 5 foot wide bucket) but great for lifting small logs and hauling lumber or firewood around.  (and by small logs I mean 12 foot long 18 inch diameter, though I've managed logs over 2' through if they were dry and a little shorter)

Yep.  We have a list of the attachments we'll need, and the order of importance in acquiring them.  The front end loader was first on the list.  They do make a backhoe for this one, but I think we need the tiller more... we will see...

• Like 2

only problem with tillers on tractors is they tend to leave a big divot when you get to the end.  Typically not counter-rotating tines, so as they spin they toss the dirt behind where you are working.  At the end of the row you lift it out and just a rut.

Other than that it's great for tilling large areas.

Small areas not so much

• Like 1

On 5/12/2022 at 6:51 PM, Mrs.Cicero said:

A real one!  With the front end loader I need!  

The husband thinks it's his.  ROFLMAO.  He goes to work in town.  I'M GONNA DRIVE IT EVERYWHERE!!!!  (pics next week!)

Cool! Just make sure you know what kind you want!

pro tractor.jpg

• Haha 2