Gun belts and holsters...........

pipedreams

30 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Chest holsters are getting quite popular in Alaska when packing bear protection. Easy to get at and not in the way of a pack. 

Good point, people don't think about what the can't easily get at after they strap on their pack and secure it.  Same thing applies to things such as your knife.  Get yourself trapped 50 feet off the ground and can't get to your knife to cut yourself loose or worse you get it and drop the dang thing.  A good small knife on a lanyard you can't loose.

• Like 1

I have a holster touted as a “driver’s holster” which is worn on the left side for cross draw. My normal carry holster. Strapped in the drivers seat with three point belt, shirt and maybe coat over gun and under seat belt, access is a challenge. Otherwise it is comfortable and convenient.

Have been considering a chest holster but walking around concealment could be a challenge. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, railfancwb said:

I have a holster touted as a “driver’s holster” which is worn on the left side for cross draw. My normal carry holster. Strapped in the drivers seat with three point belt, shirt and maybe coat over gun and under seat belt, access is a challenge. Otherwise it is comfortable and convenient.

Have been considering a chest holster but walking around concealment could be a challenge. 

I have a magnet mount on the side of my console. Holds a Glock 17.