Giving Cops A Buzz

Maser

My ability to have a sense of humor and take a joke is usually inversely proportional to the number of hours I had to work that week. Take last week for example, which was Derby week. I really didn't have much of a sense of humor left after working Derby week. Police should generally be able to take a joke, but we have our limits.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

My ability to have a sense of humor and take a joke is usually inversely proportional to the number of hours I had to work that week. Take last week for example, which was Derby week. I really didn't have much of a sense of humor left after working Derby week. Police should generally be able to take a joke, but we have our limits.

"No, sir, we don't have a sense of humor that we're aware of."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

That was a hell of a race though.  I always wanted to see it in person when I was younger, but I can't stand crowds anymore, so I don't think that will ever happen.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

That was a hell of a race though.  I always wanted to see it in person when I was younger, but I can't stand crowds anymore, so I don't think that will ever happen.  

Trust me, half of the people in the crowd aren't even aware there are horses around. It's pretty much an excuse to get together with friends and drink all day long. The infield area is the best. One person sneaked in a case of beer by covering it with icing and passing it off as a large cake. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, kerbie18 said:

Trust me, half of the people in the crowd aren't even aware there are horses around. It's pretty much an excuse to get together with friends and drink all day long. The infield area is the best. One person sneaked in a case of beer by covering it with icing and passing it off as a large cake. 

Yeah, it has been pointed out to me that I get a much better view of the whole thing on the tv than I would in person.  And I can drink mint juleps with my feet propped up in front of the tv if I want... 

• Like 1

I talked to a ham friend of mine and he had a bad experience with an outstate Sherriff.  I knew there was a problem with the law and called POST to ask about it.  they told me two things about dealing with a law enforcement. 

One, they would see that the particular problem my friend had was resolved with an apology.

Second:  NEVER argue with a man with a gun!

• Like 1