A great woman erased from history by idiots.

pipedreams

The branding of the syrup was a tribute to this woman’s gifts and talents. Now future generations will not even know this beautiful woman existed. What a shame. The world knew her as “Aunt Jemima”, but her given name was Nancy Green and she was a true American success story. She was born a slave in 1834 Montgomery County, KY. and became a wealthy superstar in the advertising world, as its first living trademark. Green was 56-yrs old when she was selected as spokesperson for a new ready-mixed, self-rising pancake flour and made her debut in 1893 at a fair and exposition in Chicago. She demonstrated the pancake mix and served thousands of pancakes, and became an immediate star. She was a good storyteller, her personality was warm and appealing, and her showmanship was exceptional. Her exhibition booth drew so many people that special security personnel were assigned to keep the crowds moving. Nancy Green was signed to a lifetime contract, traveled on promotional tours all over the country, and was extremely well paid. Her financial freedom and stature as a national spokesperson enabled her to become a leading advocate against poverty and in favor of equal rights for all Americans. She maintained her job until her death in 1923, at age 89. This was a remarkable woman, and sadly she has been ERASED by politics. I wanted you to know and remind you in this cancel culture time period.

7bc837c49734db9c.jpg

The lefties erase the good ones and pay homage to the bad ones, like George Floyd.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Ms. Green, the original Aunt Jemima, was a rock star of the time. A head for business, a work ethic, and marketing genius. Yes she had support, but the lady pulled it off where it counts, in public and in real time.

Her story is about as good as it gets.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Who are the idiots?

Those that demanded that icon's removal in the name of -- well, I don't really know what the motivations was, or those that let them succeed in doing it?

I'm thinking us.

• Like 2

You solved a mystery for me tonight.

I liked her syrup but could not find it last time I needed some.  I saw this strange name called Pearl something that sorta looked like it but haven't thought about it anymore until now. 

Damn morons killed her off.

Remember - the most salient characteristic of liberalism is virtue-signaling. Reasonable, well-adjusted civilized people when faced with an advertisement they don't like simply ignore it and choose another product. Liberals must let everyone else know they are "offended"  and then work to shame the advertiser into removing the ad, then pat themselves on the back.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1