What is the dumbest question you've ever been asked?

Mrs.Cicero

• Administrators

My car caught on fire once in front of the service department of the car dealership I worked at. I ran inside and up to the the service manager and said, "I need a fire extinguisher! My car is on fire!" He replied, "What kind of car do you have?" ?!?!?!? I could have happily strangled him, just then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I heard a good one a few weeks ago. One of our more special employees takes over for a guy so he can go to break twice a day. The guy is old and wears glasses all the time. He never takes them off at work, unlike her. Ms. Special pants misplaced her glasses and is all in a tizzy as she gets with anything and everything. She went up to the old guy and asked him if he was wearing her glasses. He wanted to ask her if she was stupid. I could see it on his face from 50 feet away. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I had a student ask me once if I had any children.  When I said no, she asked if I had any grandchildren.  (In her defense, she was 11 years old and realized her mistake right after she said it.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ChuteTheMall said:

Why do they sterilize the needles for lethal injection?

Uh oh.  why DO they sterilize the needles for a lethal injection?   Habit?  In case they accidentally stab themselves? I mean... that does seem unnecessary.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Uh oh.  why DO they sterilize the needles for a lethal injection?   Habit?  In case they accidentally stab themselves? I mean... that does seem unnecessary.

I just read about that yesterday. The people who insert the needles are health care workers. It's protocol to sterilize the injection site. 

• Like 3

Did you steal these items? **** no I didn’t and don’t ever call me a thief. Showed receipt to two managers and a door person. They canceled my membership. Won’t name the store but it’s starts with a C. Son of a bitches. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I used to work in the in the service industry. After you served the table/bar customer we'd show up a few minutes after they were served and ask " How is everything; Is there anything else I can get for you?"

Now they walk up and simply say..."How's everything tasting?" Just laziness.

Or when you pay your bill of $22.00 with a $50 bill and they ask you if you need change. Just laziness.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hook said:

Did you steal these items? **** no I didn’t and don’t ever call me a thief. Showed receipt to two managers and a door person. They canceled my membership. Won’t name the store but it’s starts with a C. Son of a bitches. 

Mom was picking us up at a mall department store.  After it took way too long,  she came in in to find us.

She found us being detained for shoplifting.  (small red kerosene lanterns that we bought in another store).

They said they were waiting for the police to show up.

Then, being a fancy mall, Mom asked, "Do you even sell these?"

"ahem...  well...  uh...."

Mom very very rarely went off.

But when she did,  it was a lot of fun to watch.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Duluth said:

I used to work in the in the service industry. After you served the table/bar customer we'd show up a few minutes after they were served and ask " How is everything; Is there anything else I can get for you?"

Now they walk up and simply say..."How's everything tasting?" Just laziness.

Or when you pay your bill of $22.00 with a $50 bill and they ask you if you need change. Just laziness.

The wait staff at our Denny's know me very well.  I also tip very well.  I round up to even bills.  They aske if I needed change.  Every time I say no.  I asked them why they keep asking me if I want change when they know they are getting it all.  They told me it is a management requirement for them.

I tip well for middle aged heavier women, since I know they aren't the "cuties" in their teens and twenties but, I feel they deserve more because they try harder.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

Mom was picking us up at a mall department store.  After it took way too long,  she came in in to find us.

She found us being detained for shoplifting.  (small red kerosene lanterns that we bought in another store).

They said they were waiting for the police to show up.

Then, being a fancy mall, Mom asked, "Do you even sell these?"

"ahem...  well...  uh...."

Mom very very rarely went off.

But when she did,  it was a lot of fun to watch.

Good for mom! It truly pisses me off they canceled my membership for this. 

I was on vacation, standing in a royal castle just outside of London in the UK. A member of my party asked why they would build the castle so annoyingly close to the airport. The castle was finished in the year 1080, and the tourist wanted to know why they built it so close to the airport. The tour guide was at a loss for words, as was I...

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1