Jury duty... and the hardship of having a Sugar Daddy

Mrs.Cicero

Did anyone else see that video?  I can't find a way to link it here, but Candace Owens shared (and reacted to, which cracked me up) a news piece about a potential juror in the Parkland shooter trial being excused because of the hardship of having a husband and a "Sugar Daddy" (you have to hear her say that) and how she'd lose $8000 a month if she wasn't able to "take care of (her) Sugar Daddy". 

Anytime anyone here at home asks me to do something I don't want to, I'm saying, "But mah et tousan dollah Sugah Daddeh!" and running off.  I'm in so much trouble now.  Also, I'm thinking if I'm ever on trial for anything, I should waive my right to a jury trial and go with a three judge panel, because 15% of the population has an IQ under 85, or have husbands and sugar daddies and might not be excused, or are just plain crazy, and they are all eligible for jury service.  

• Like 6

We had a guy here successfully petition for a bench trial because he was going to sue the state to be tried by a jury of his peers. That is peers equal to him in advanced degrees.

He argued the case the state had against him before a single judge. The state’s case fell apart under scientific scrutiny that an average jury might not have understood. 

• Like 4

I think she is just a publicist hound, wonder if any of what she said is true.  Be interesting to know if she is really married or has a sugar daddy.  She knew there would be lots of press present and would they would eat this up.  Good example of the press not writing about why they were at the trial but going off in another direction.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

I think she is just a publicist hound, wonder if any of what she said is true.  Be interesting to know if she is really married or has a sugar daddy.  She knew there would be lots of press present and would they would eat this up.  Good example of the press not writing about why they were at the trial but going off in another direction.

Nobody is paying that hag to sit on them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

Yeah. She's fat. I saw the video. 

OK, she's not skinny, but I live in MI, where over half the population weighs half again as much as they should... so she just looked chubby to me and not up to the average around here.

7 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

Yeah. She's fat. I saw the video. 

The only redeeming thing about any of the articles have been the pictures of the judge, who is a republican, and I think would work out pretty well on the supreme court.

• Like 2