First female graduate of US Navy SWCC school

Fnfalman

5 hours ago, Fnfalman said:

She’s a sailor, not a soldier.  

So boats are immune to attacks?  Are you for her passing or not? Myself I don’t really care but you seem to have a hard on for this subject. Oh sorry ships. 

7 minutes ago, Hook said:

So boats are immune to attacks?  Are you for her passing or not? Myself I don’t really care but you seem to have a hard on for this subject. Oh sorry ships. 

Why don’t you ask her SWCC instructors, evaluators and peers whether or not she’s capable?

Im all for her passing the school and serving with her peers if she’s capable.  If not, things get a way of showing real quick.  I know plenty of dudes back in the days passed the Q-course and training but quit the special forces groups after a few years of services to go back to the conventional Army.  

Just like plenty of dudes who were all gung-ho infantry then re-enlisted into a less demanding MOS   

3 hours ago, ChuteTheMall said:

Are we winning wars yet?

No, but at least the US military is woke and PC to the bone.

15 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Apparently when Congress bypassed its Constitutional obligation to declare wars the United States stopped winning them. 

Hard to win when you can't define what winning is, or what a woman is.

• Administrators

Guys, I'm going to mention once more, for those that might have missed it the other day, that I do not want topics like this to devolve into arguments and name-calling. If you cannot discuss this topic without resorting to such behavior, please refrain from posting. We had a pretty good run of peaceful coexistence going here, until this crap popped up. Please folks, keep a civil tongue.

• Like 3

The question I want to ask, that I didn't get to ask in the other tread after it got shut down because of the people who could not disagree without insults and name-calling, is this one:

IS SHE HOT??

And where is that "This thread is worthless without pictures" Emoji????

Just now, gwalchmai said:

So she'd just have to swim a fellow fallen sailor that outweighs her by 50-75 pounds out of harms way if need be.

I’m sure that she had passed whatever physical requirements that a Special Warfare Combat Craft crewman was required to pass.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fnfalman said:

I’m sure that she had passed whatever physical requirements that a Special Warfare Combat Craft crewman was required to pass.  

Is that true, Fn? I really don't know but I seem to recall a few physical requirements (like the aforementioned pushup) which are different for SSAMs who identify as male than some for those who identify as female. Maybe that's all been done away with, and I hope so. 

I do believe, however, that the feminist movement has fully earned every bit of mistrust American citizens and veterans bestow upon it. I also have worked with some kickass wimmen in the service and in civilian life and I think all the GI Jane crap does them a disservice. 

• Like 4

You know damn well they either watered down the standards so XX individuals could make it through, or they have different standards for XX vs XY.

I prefer fun companions of the XX variety and fighting companions of the XY variety. Almost a half century of experience has shown that those pairings lead to the most harmonious outcome.

Just the view from my saddle. If you’re a progressive, you live in an alternate reality and probably can’t define what a woman is anyway.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

Is that true, Fn? I really don't know but I seem to recall a few physical requirements (like the aforementioned pushup) which are different for SSAMs who identify as male than some for those who identify as female. Maybe that's all been done away with, and I hope so. 

I do believe, however, that the feminist movement has fully earned every bit of mistrust American citizens and veterans bestow upon it. I also have worked with some kickass wimmen in the service and in civilian life and I think all the GI Jane crap does them a disservice. 

I don’t know if the training was a watered down or not.  I wasn’t there to see…as all of the naysayers.