First female graduate of US Navy SWCC school

Fnfalman

32 minutes ago, Fnfalman said:

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2021/07/15/first-female-sailor-finishes-navy-special-warfare-training/

SEAL she ain’t but still the next best thing.  

where all the outraged he-men at?   

As long as they haven't lowered standards in order to make it more likely for a woman to pass the course so they can virtue signal how egalitarian they are, and as long as it doesn't reduce readiness or unit performance, I don't care.  If standards, readiness, or actual performance are reduced, it's stupid.  Like Biden demanding the military replace all its gas and diesel vehicles with electric ones level of stupid.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

As long as they haven't lowered standards in order to make it more likely for a woman to pass the course so they can virtue signal how egalitarian they are, and as long as it doesn't reduce readiness or unit performance, I don't care.  If standards, readiness, or actual performance are reduced, it's stupid.  Like Biden demanding the military replace all its gas and diesel vehicles with electric ones level of stupid.

The whole US Military apparatus all conspired together to ensure that women get to volunteer to go into more harm’s ways and get themselves properly killed.  

• Haha 1

The whole US Military apparatus feminist lobby and their Congressional lackeys all conspired together to ensure that women get to volunteer to go into more harm’s ways and get themselves properly killed reap the career, pay, educational, medical and training benefits of military service, while not having to meet the same physical standards as their male counterparts.  And to appease the feminazi extremists whose false belief system insists that women can do anything men can do, they allowed a few women to indulge their badass fantasies and apply for combat units.  And when they didn't/don't measure up, they pass them anyway as an abject surrender and sign of progressive virtue signalling.   And they simply don't care if a few of them, or their male peers, get killed as a result.  Its a small price to pay to break that "glass ceiling" and to smash that patriarchy...and to simultaneously weaken America.  And the most senior military leadership either makes or lets it happen, or they are run out in career-ending disgrace.  Those who knuckle under or facilitate the lies prosper.  Those who don’t get cashiered.  Welcome to the 21st Century wussified military. 

• Like 2

If these women are meeting the requirements for those assignments using the same standards as the men,  good for them.

If they are allowed lesser standards, an easier path than others, they should be angry that those in charge believe that they cannot achieve and succeed without cheating and reject a prize they had not legitimately won.  That's insulting. 

I don't know if these women truly succeeded or not and I have no way of discovering the truth.

If they honestly did the work, I would be honored to serve with them.

If not, keep them off of my ship.

• Like 4

Affirmative action taints all who could possibly have gotten where they are because of it - even those from the target group who succeeded on their own merits are tainted.

How does a crew member of a ship whose commanding officer is from a group eligible for affirmative action know whether that captain is actually competent? Consider recent collisions involving US navy ships and civilian cargo ships…

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, devildog2067 said:

Wow, I literally see the same people having the same argument as we were seeing 15 years ago.

Perhaps, but we are all fifteen years older and much wiser -- or riddled with senility.  :fred:

:biggrin:

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, ChuteTheMall said:

6dq2tn.jpg6dq343.jpg

Obama promotes first 4 star black female midget admiral

A four star admiral only needs Leadership skills, and will probably spend most of her life behind a desk. That means not only leadership skills, but political and paperwork skills. Physical skills means absolutely nothing at that point. So the question becomes, does she have the skills for that particular non-physical job? Possibly so....although I suspect she was advanced for woke reasons in the first place....

• Like 3

8 hours ago, kerbie18 said:

A four star admiral only needs Leadership skills, and will probably spend most of her life behind a desk. That means not only leadership skills, but political and paperwork skills. Physical skills means absolutely nothing at that point. So the question becomes, does she have the skills for that particular non-physical job? Possibly so....although I suspect she was advanced for woke reasons in the first place....

I disagree. A 4 star needs 25-30 years of leadership and experience in every aspect of squidness to be effective. They only get that by meeting every physical requirement. Like the Commodore said, "You can't manage men into combat."

Otherwise we're fooling ourselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

I disagree. A 4 star needs 25-30 years of leadership and experience in every aspect of squidness to be effective. They only get that by meeting every physical requirement. Like the Commodore said, "You can't manage men into combat."

Otherwise we're fooling ourselves.

You're probably right. I just know I don't have to worry about depending on the midget admiral for any real backup. She was probably never asked to do anything seriously physical, just put through lots of school and pushed up through the ranks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kerbie18 said:

You're probably right. I just know I don't have to worry about depending on the midget admiral for any real backup. She was probably never asked to do anything seriously physical, just put through lots of school and pushed up through the ranks. 

That is exactly right.   From the first days of her training to her retirement, her career was carefully nurtured, not due to any expectation that she would or could be a combat leader.  It's all virtue signalling. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, devildog2067 said:

Wow, I literally see the same people having the same argument as we were seeing 15 years ago.

The argument is the same and so are the players. You can't trump genetics or chromosomes. Well, not very often.

I had a Commander tell me that she could smoke our PT. OK let's see it. No, knees on the ground are not for a pushup, Sis. It is for something else. Do it like we do it or find something else to do.

She got pissed off and reported me to the CMDCM who very impolitely told her to put up or shut up. Skipper had the same opinion.

Combat Boat Crew is no cake walk. If she done it, respect.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, devildog2067 said:

Where the hell you've been Devil Dog? I could use your input on the James Webb or similar topics.

And yes, the boy vs. girl argument is old indeed. Speaking as a boy who has been badly beaten by a girl, I remain neutral.

16 hours ago, Hook said:

Wonder if she can carry a fellow fallen soldier that outweighs her by 50-75 pounds out of harms way if need be. I also wonder how many of her fellow soldiers think the same way.

She’s a sailor, not a soldier.  

14 hours ago, devildog2067 said:

Fifteen years ago, there were no chicks allowed in combat arms.  Nowadays not only chicks are in combat arms but also spec ops.