The volume in my car stereo

Huaco Kid

7 hours ago, DAKA said:

Oil change...DON'T EVER LOOK IN THE OIL FILLER....AHHHH YOU PROBABLY WON'T BE ABLE TO GET THE CAP OFF ANYWAY :anim_rofl2:

I always drove my father's car since I was 12 years old.  He said I had to be able to see above the steering wheel to drive.

One time in my teens, I was racing a Dodge - same everything as my fathers '46 Chrysler.  Speedometer hit 100 mph between towns.  Then began to slow down.  Each time I hit the gas the top speed was less.  Got into town and couldn't go more than a fast walk (with noise).

Father traded it in at the Chrysler dealer (our next door neighbor).

Mechanic asked why I didn't check the oil lever, it had none in it!

I told him I didn't know that you were supposed to!  My father always got gas and said, "check the oil".  Only every added oil, never changed it.

He said that the oil filter was so plugged you couldn't get any oil through it.  Now I understood why the top speed kept going down.

My father never changed the filter or changed the oil in any of his cars.  So, I knew nothing about that stuff!

I asked him why he always bought Chryslers?  He said they lasted the longest.  Now I know why.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/22/2022 at 9:22 PM, Batesmotel said:

If it’s too loud, your too old!  I’m pushing 60 and still love it loud! And not just Rock. Classical should rattle the windows too. I’m sick of my friends who got “Old”. Guys who camped out all night to get tickets to see Rush now hardly listen to music at all. They are just too dignified for that now. 

I'm 74 but I still like it loud and like listening to a hard driving rock song at full volume in my car. The only problem with that is it makes you want to drive fast.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1