Not sure to be aggrivated or impressed

LostinTexas

6 hours ago, DAKA said:

Most people just complain. When they get good service they don't think to compliment

When I get good service no matter where I usually send a thank you..

I totally agree.  I thank them when they really help me.  I have been know to complain when they do not.

LMAO, It continues. The shower door leaks like a screen door. Spoke with the shower door guy and he said he'd come take a look. I was looking through the installation instructions and noticed a part missing. That would be the reason water runs out the bottom. Called door guy back and told him what I found and the part would be here in a week or two, per the manufacturer, and we'd give him a jingle if I couldn't get it on, or wasn't sure. He said call him and he'd finish it, and apologized. Nothing to apologize for, it wasn't in the box, and the guys had no parts left over.

Same note, when I called ÖVE and got a nice lady who worked diligently with me to find the missing piece, and end caps. She sent it for shipment right then since they had it in stock. I hope they come through, but at least they acted like they would.

So Close,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:doh:

• Like 1

Well, finished except the shower piece and threshold for the closet.

I have shipping confirmation for the part and it will be here when it gets here., hopefully it will clear customs quickly and c'mon.

Would have been finished earlier, but some spots didn't turn out to my satisfaction and I had to retexture, and paint it, several times. Got the ceiling blended in, and touch up done. Not too bad, if I say so myself. I could only work on it a couple hours every other day or so, but got 'er done. Two hours good work and done for two days. I'm tired of ibuprofen, but thank goodness for it. What a life. Perseverance pays off. I was happy to see I hadn't completely lost my touch on such things.

All that is left is the attic vent fan, and I hope to be done for a while. I won't be doing that one, so I don't really count it.

Thanks for playing along, or at least not dogpiling.

Forgot to mention, the dishwasher vent was leaking. I don't know how long but it was rusting. Asked about it and was told  "not very long". OK :whistling: Replaced the vent gasket and sanded and repainted the area around the vent. That turned out nice as well. It isn't perfect, but you have to know your looking at something to tell.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Knowing what to do is great.

Knowing how to do it is golden.

Knowing when to stop is PRICELESS.

Not caring is another thing. :shoot-me:  Found a couple of small spots that I just couldn't get over, so getting those shaped up today. Will paint later. It will take longer to clean things than to do the job. Oh well, when done it should be done,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,If I can leave well enough alone.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 4/6/2022 at 9:02 PM, LostinTexas said:

Just had the second refrigerator delivered since Sunday. They were 6:30 on Sunday getting her. The unit didn't cool, so off to Lowes to get a replacement on Monday that they didn't have. After a lot of price negotiation and phone calls, ended up with a nice discount on another unit.  Still $250 more, but a higher end unit.

Pickup for the faulty unit was arranged and delivery. Supposed to have been here by noon today for the trouble.

Well, at 9:45 PM, I hear air brakes blow. I thought to myself, you've got to be kidding. Nope Lowes truck in the driveway. Seriously?

OK, at least they are persistent. Still not certain how to think of it. Glad to not have to wait for them another day, and glad we had nothing going on early. I hope this fridge works. We'll see.

I guess I might mention that I didn't want a new one, and we didn't "Need" a new one. The water system on the old one was slow and a bit of a pain, just didn't work like some folks here thought it should. She has been on the kick for several months, just never dreamed she would decide right now with all the other expenses going .

My parents bought a GE refrigerator in 1947 the year I was born. They had that refrigerator for ten years and we moved across the country from New York to Southern California with it and had it in a house we rented for a year. Then we bought a new house and they got a new refrigerator and moved the GE into the garage. Then about 20 years later they moved from southern California to northern California and took eh GE with them for the garage refrigerator and left the other refrigerator behind. The lived there for about ten years until they were in their 80's And I was in my 60's (same age as the refrigerator) and left the GE behind because thy were moving into an assisted living facility.

The people that bought the house hauled the old GE to the dump because it used too much electricity but if they had kept it, it would still be running today. It ran almost constantly 24-7-365 for over 60 years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Borg warner said:

My parents bought a GE refrigerator in 1947 the year I was born. They had that refrigerator for ten years and we moved across the country from New York to Southern California with it and had it in a house we rented for a year. Then we bought a new house and they got a new refrigerator and moved the GE into the garage. Then about 20 years later they moved from southern California to northern California and took eh GE with them for the garage refrigerator and left the other refrigerator behind. The lived there for about ten years until they were in their 80's And I was in my 60's (same age as the refrigerator) and left the GE behind because thy were moving into an assisted living facility.

The people that bought the house hauled the old GE to the dump because it used too much electricity but if they had kept it, it would still be running today. It ran almost constantly 24-7-365 for over 60 years.

The house we bought had a 3 year + 3 month old LG refrigerator....it died   3 MONTHS OVER THE WARRANTY ....SORRY  NO CAN COVER NEW COMPRESSOR 

THE CRAP WE BUY IS ASIAN GARBAGE   $ 3500 PIECES OF NICE LOOKING CRAP

THE MANUFACTURING  NEEDS TO BE BROUGHT BACK TO THE USA    :badpc:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Borg warner said:

The old units, up to the late 70's or early 80's are time itself. They outlive you and everything and everyone you will ever know or love.

My folks have a 190something model propane refrigerator at their cabin. It's a primitive area, so the propane power makes for a nice setup. The thing has had to have a thermostat, that they still sell, about 25 years ago, and that's it.

Refrigerators, ahhhhhhh.  As a youngster that was interested in things I shouldn't have been, my father had an old refrigerator in one of the apartments that was replaced for some reason.  He sat it on a porch till he could haul it away.

While it was on the porch, I took an interest in it.  It had the round part on tip of the box.  I was curious about how refrigeration worked and by my reasoning, it would be necessary to see what the refrigerant looked like.

So------------ I got a hacksaw and cut the tube to the evaporator.  DAMN!!!!!!! I went over the railing of the porch without leaving a trace.  Unfortunately, however, the refrigerant soaked into the wooden deck of the porch and it stunk for a long time.  To say the least, my father was so pissed!!!!!!

The refrigerant was Sulphur dioxide and it was horrible smelling!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1