Any ship experts here?

kerbie18

Hey, while I got you on the topic. This little bitty Mexican warship acted very protective of our massive cruise ship while we were near the port. I did see military uniforms onboard and AR-15 style rifles. I assume Mexico doesn't want dead tourists in the news, so they protect us.

20220331_060355.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kerbie18 said:

Hey, while I got you on the topic. This little bitty Mexican warship acted very protective of our massive cruise ship while we were near the port. I did see military uniforms onboard and AR-15 style rifles. I assume Mexico doesn't want dead tourists in the news, so they protect us.

20220331_060355.jpg

Years ago when I was vacationing in Mexico and had the opportunity to talk with a cop I learned about the different uniforms. The ones in white uniforms were there to police the street vendors and make sure things went well for the tourists. If the cops in black uniforms showed up it was big deal and you didn't want to stick around. Someone was going to get arrested.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, railfancwb said:

Ship question again…

Wandering the aisles of eBay came across a non-typical postcard claiming to be of the USS Constitution. Any ideas about the structure on deck and the timeframe of the picture?

D72FB7E9-9569-4C6A-9109-8A1BD80EABDF.jpeg

I have no actual knowledge.  I did, however, walk around the Constitution and of course, it was nothing like that.  My uneducated guess is quarters for personnel possibly naval cadets. With the ship tied up all the time.

13 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Ship question again…

Wandering the aisles of eBay came across a non-typical postcard claiming to be of the USS Constitution. Any ideas about the structure on deck and the timeframe of the picture?

D72FB7E9-9569-4C6A-9109-8A1BD80EABDF.jpeg

I haven't the slightest idea. I would invest if I knew.

• Like 1