Would you eat a "free hot dog plate"?

gwalchmai

13 hours ago, Maser said:

.  Best way to cook a hotdog is to wrap them up in a paper towel and cook them in the microwave for 45 seconds per hot dog and eat plain with no condiments.  Relish is allowed, but only in extreme cases. ;)

Yuck. Wet paper towel bits cling to the meat.

Microwave naked on a plate with a reusable plastic hard cover, (or another plate),  then briefly finish in George Forman grill just to add grill marks 

Add anything except ketchup as desired:

onions, relish, sauerkraut, cheese, mustard, chili, but not all at once.

1 minute ago, ChuteTheMall said:

Yuck. Wet paper towel bits cling to the meat.

Microwave naked on a plate with a reusable plastic hard cover, (or another plate),  then briefly finish in George Forman grill just to add grill marks 

Add anything except ketchup as desired:

onions, relish, sauerkraut, cheese, mustard, chili, but not all at once.

The wet towel peels off just fine.  I've never had an issue with it.  I only do that because not all hot dogs are created equal and some will puff up or bubble up as it's cooking and some with straight up split in half with considerable force.  The worse thing that can happen is the ends that are poking out of the paper towel can blow out which isn't a problem at all because the rest of the hot dog inside the towel is just fine.  In a funny sort of way when that does happen it sorta looks like them old exploding cigars. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ChuteTheMall said:

6b2i3i.jpg

Welcome to Costco

Since the CHINA VIRUS ....... NO MORE SAUERKRAUT OR ONIONS    BUMMER

(And the Polish sausage went away years ago)

Still for a Buck Fitly   $1.59 with TAX)

Necessary toppings for a hot dog, that dog being well done and having some grill marks;

ketchup

mayonnaise

chili ( if you can see the hot dog add more chili ) 

Note:  if this isn’t messy you aren’t doing it right or you are far to sophisticated for this type of cuisine.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Almost worth a trip to Costco or Sam’s Club. Let my Sam’s Club membership lapse several years ago and never had one at Costco though. 

I have a "Costco Cash Card" that will get me in the door without a membership.  I think it has a couple dollars left on it, but as the food court uses cash or credit, just having the card is good enough.  I do miss when the food court was accessible from outside the store, but as it's probably not a huge profit for the store it makes sense to keep it members only.

5 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

I have a "Costco Cash Card" that will get me in the door without a membership.  I think it has a couple dollars left on it, but as the food court uses cash or credit, just having the card is good enough.  I do miss when the food court was accessible from outside the store, but as it's probably not a huge profit for the store it makes sense to keep it members only.

You don't have to have a membership to eat at the food court, and they accept cash or any Visa card. :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup: