Chris Rock, Will Smith Slap was,

DAKA

What a comedy.  The academy gives him an award and gives him a standing ovation.  Then they issue a patronizing statement saying he is banned for ten years.  To which Smith's lawyer replies, you can't sanction him because he already quit.  You can't make this stuff up.  I am guessing that Chris Rock will develop an entire standup act devoted to defaming Will Smith over the incident.  We will see.

Will Smith not permitted to attend Oscars for 10 years

'King Richard' actor resigned from the film academy April 1

Will Smith is not allowed to attend the Oscars or any academy events for 10 years, Fox News Digital learned Friday.

"The 94th Oscars were meant to be a celebration of the many individuals in our community who did incredible work this past year; however, those moments were overshadowed by the unacceptable and harmful behavior we saw Mr. Smith exhibit on stage," the board of governors said in a letter. 

"During our telecast, we did not adequately address the situation in the room. For this, we are sorry. This was an opportunity for us to set an example for our guests, viewers and our academy family around the world, and we fell short — unprepared for the unprecedented.

"Today, the board of governors convened a meeting to discuss how best to respond to Will Smith's actions at the Oscars, in addition to accepting his resignation. The board has decided, for a period of 10 years from April 8, 2022, Mr. Smith shall not be permitted to attend any academy events or programs, in person or virtually, including but not limited to the Academy Awards.

"We want to express our deep gratitude to Mr. Rock for maintaining his composure under extraordinary circumstances. We also want to thank our hosts, nominees, presenters and winners for their poise and grace during our telecast.

"This action we are taking today in response to Will Smith's behavior is a step toward a larger goal of protecting the safety of our performers and guests and restoring trust in the academy. We also hope this can begin a time of healing and restoration for all involved and impacted."

Following the board's decision, Smith issued a brief statement. "I accept and respect the Academy’s decision," the statement obtained by Fox News Digital read.

Academy President David Rubin called for Friday's board meeting just days ago. The meeting was originally scheduled for April 18, but was moved up due to Smith's April 1 resignation. 

At the time, Rubin informed board members the purpose of the meeting was to "address possible sanctions for Will Smith in response to his actions during the Oscars broadcast on March 27," the letter begins.

"Following Mr. Smith’s resignation of his academy membership on Friday, April 1, suspension or expulsion are no longer a possibility, and the legally prescribed timetable no longer applies. It is in the best interest of all involved for this to be handled in a timely fashion," the letter signed by Rubin states.

Smith announced his resignation in a statement last Friday, saying he had "betrayed the trust of the Academy" in a statement provided to Fox News Digital.

"I have directly responded to the academy’s disciplinary hearing notice, and I will fully accept any and all consequences for my conduct. My actions at the 94th Academy Awards presentation were shocking, painful and inexcusable. The list of those I have hurt is long and includes Chris, his family, many of my dear friends and loved ones, all those in attendance and global audiences at home. I betrayed the trust of the academy," Smith said. 

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/academy-will-smith

So, how many months will Mr. Smith be flagellating himself to prove that dang it, he's a wonderful human being that we can all admire. He's working hard, every day, to become the epitome of woke culture and to atone for being just another self-absorbed *******, doncha know.

Two week ago, no one mentioned his name.

Now, they cannot avoid it.

Heck, he deserves a week of guest-hosting The View or maybe Ellen.

Surely a segment on 60 Minutes.

:upeyes:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LostinTexas said:

4 pages for something y'all say you don't care about.

:anim_rofl2:

Somedays I feel I should check myself into the Betty Ford Center because I have a very bad addiction.  My name is Jason and I'm a stupid-****-a-holic.  I love watching internet drama from the sidelines.  The memes that have come from this clusterfuck are grade A stupid **** and make me happier than Nancy Pelosi in a room full of aborted fetuses.  :D

• Haha 1