Chris Rock, Will Smith Slap was,

DAKA

Most likely completely rehearsed and staged.

Does Mr. Smith have a movie coming out soon?

Has attendance  at Mr. Rock's  appearances waned?

Perhaps it was just a means to try and get more people to watch a program that appeals to few and even the few probably weren't watching.

Yes, i am cynical.

I mean, Hollywood is all about truth and reality, right?

They never fake anything.

I suggest that the best ratings booster would have featured Alec Baldwin on stage pointing a revolver at random audience members.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

I suspect it was probably spontaneous and Chris Rock deserved it. This isn't the first time that Will Smith has publicly slapped someone who pissed him off, nor is it the first time that Chris Rock deserved to be slapped publicly.

The world would be a better place if people were once again bound to back up their mouths with their asses.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Eric said:

I suspect it was probably spontaneous and Chris Rock deserved it. This isn't the first time that Will Smith has publicly slapped someone who pissed him off, nor is it the first time that Chris Rock deserved to be slapped publicly.

The world would be a better place if people were once again bound to back up their mouths with their asses.

People can speculate, and degrade all they like. It doesn't change the fact that far too many have never had the taste slapped out of their mouth, and, it shows.

Didn't watch. Don't really care, but talking trash about a mans wife, especially if what was said is true is classless. Not surprising out of Rock.

If this would have never happened, I would not have known the Oscars even aired.

• Like 2

She's bald, he made a G.I. Jane reference. OMG, how awful of him! She supposedly has alopecia and decided to shave her head since it would be harder to hide now which I did not know becuse following celebrities' lives concerns me as much as getting one of those Chinese covid anal swabs. If it truly hurt her feelings, well she can sob into millions of dollars to feel better. But I imagine there's more to it than just what was said last night. Rock hosted 6 years ago and Jada and Will both were targets of his jokes then. 

All I could think was I wonder if Will shows that kind of hostility when his wife sleeps with someone else. Probably not. Maybe he's just trying to reclaim some masculinity so he doesn't look like a pathetic cuck.

• Like 3

I've had people ask me if I heard about what happened at whatever event that was.

Personally, the guy high on fentanyl jumping on car hoods on the highway then climbing into cars and refusing to get out of them 3/4 mile from my house is a lot more important than a couple of attention crazed idiots a thousand miles away jerking each other off or whatever they do at those events.  Mostly because it blocked the entrance to the road I live on and delayed me leaving by an extra minute or so (edit: obviously in reference to the drugged up guy on the highway.  The guys a thousand miles away don't do anything to affect my life).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Swampfox762 said:

If so...WHY???  There could just be NO good to come from that in ANY way.

It is claimed that the views on social media of the slap are paying more than the advertisers did to run ads during the event.

"There is no such thing as bad publicity" rings true again.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1