Cardboard and more cardboard.

jmohme

As I have probably already mentioned somewhere on this board, My wife is an Amazon junkie and the cardboard boxes are becoming a problem.

One of todays amazon deliveries was a fairly large box. I opened it for her and four several layers of bubble wrap protecting a smaller cardboard box, so I opened it and found yet another box containing some cast iron cookware.  Fortunately those delicate cast iron items were well protected in shipping! Does Amazon get some sort of kickback from the cardboard box suppliers?

I'm really thinking about finding a used cardboard baler!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, jmohme said:

As I have probably already mentioned somewhere on this board, My wife is an Amazon junkie and the cardboard boxes are becoming a problem.

One of todays amazon deliveries was a fairly large box. I opened it for her and four several layers of bubble wrap protecting a smaller cardboard box, so I opened it and found yet another box containing some cast iron cookware.  Fortunately those delicate cast iron items were well protected in shipping! Does Amazon get some sort of kickback from the cardboard box suppliers?

I'm really thinking about finding a used cardboard baler!

Cast iron cookware needs lots of packaging to keep it from moving around in the box and busting its way out. Lots of momentum. They could ship it in smaller, more "form fitting" cardboard, though, like firearms manufacturers do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I just use them to keep the weeds down between raised beds in the garden, and as a base for lasagna gardening.  The little ones go to the burn barrel.

Hold up. You can grow lasagna? Now my inner fat kid, ok my outer fat old man, is suddenly mighty interested in gardening.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cougar_ml said:

Inside was a bunch of the big air pillows, and a 24" grease gun hose that would have easily fit into a packing envelope. 

My sons LOVE those huge airbags!  They love to sneak behind people and pop them behind them. 

• Haha 1