Anyone remember these?

gwalchmai

Saturday. Get up early. Like watching the Farm Report early. Bullwinkle and Friends then Bugs Bunny then off to work mowing lawns and trimming trees at the rentals until it got too hot. Get home by noon to watch Science Fiction Theater. 

Sunday. Up early and open the gas station. Listen to American Top Forty. Drinking Coke and peanuts. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

Saturday. Get up early. Like watching the Farm Report early. Bullwinkle and Friends then Bugs Bunny then off to work mowing lawns and trimming trees at the rentals until it got too hot. Get home by noon to watch Science Fiction Theater. 

Sunday. Up early and open the gas station. Listen to American Top Forty. Drinking Coke and peanuts. 

Seriously, I thought I'd be the only one that watched the 6AM farm report.  If there wasn't a local channel showing reruns of cartoons, I'd aim the rotor antenna towards Sacramento and see what the price of hog futures was. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DAKA said:

Movie theater on Saturday 25 cents...cartoons, serials and double feature...sometimes ever got dishes

The theater with the most Westerns was 12 Cents, in my town.  The theater with the most 50's rock movies (Rock around the Clock, etc.) was 10 Cents.

The theater for "Cinemascope" color extravaganzas was 25 Cents.

4 minutes ago, janice6 said:

The theater with the most Westerns was 12 Cents, in my town.  The theater with the most 50's rock movies (Rock around the Clock, etc.) was 10 Cents.

The theater for "Cinemascope" color extravaganzas was 25 Cents.

We only had one theater in town.

The Queen Theater.

Saturday was a serial (Batman, Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers,) cartoons and a double-feature, usually a western and a B-science fiction movie.

A soda (it was  called pop there,) hot  dog and a candy bar were included all for 35 cents.

Parents could drop us lads (not many lasses)  off at 09:00 and we'd be out of their hair until supper time.

The Queen Theater had a crying room, remember those?

Did anyone actually finish a Brown Cow or Sugar Daddy?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1