Spam calls are driving me nuts

kerbie18

As all of you probably know, I am a first responder by living for 20 years. I essentially answer random 911 calls for a living. As part of my job, I constantly use my cell phone, sometimes in an emergency. I use my cell phone along with my police radio to handle major emergencies.

These hell spawn spammers are blowing up my phone. I get five calls a day trying to sell me an extended warranty, or some African Prince crap. How do I filter out this god awful BS and still receive the needed phone calls?

Your phone should have a do not disturb feature. You can set it to ring through your contact numbers and text from contacts or anyone. It may not work for what you are looking for, since you never know what numbers will be calling for what, or do you?

Unknown numbers will light up the phone, but not ring. If they bother to leave a voice mail, then you'll get it.

Something to look in to.

I’m in the same boat. I can’t just not answer the phone even if I don’t know the number. 

Most use an Automatic Connection feature. The computer is listening for the word HELLO. 

I always answer with something like “This is Robert” or “Roberts Office” 

The computer just doesn’t connect. 

1 hour ago, Batesmotel said:

I’m in the same boat. I can’t just not answer the phone even if I don’t know the number. 

Most use an Automatic Connection feature. The computer is listening for the word HELLO. 

I always answer with something like “This is Robert” or “Roberts Office” 

The computer just doesn’t connect. 

Once a phone is answered the  spammer knows it is a live number and files it that way.

Often initial calls come from a demon dialer. Once given an area code and exchange it works through all 10000 possible numbers. 

6 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Once a phone is answered the  spammer knows it is a live number and files it that way.

Often initial calls come from a demon dialer. Once given an area code and exchange it works through all 10000 possible numbers. 

True but I don’t get the person on the other end yacking about vacation clubs or car warranties. It just goes dead if I don’t say Hello. I wish I could just let them all go to voicemail.