The ongoing idiocy that is Michigan...

Mrs.Cicero

I've bitched here about the Michigan UIA threatening us monthly for the last 21 months, claiming we owe the state $7500 (plus interest) THAT THEY NEVER PAID US on a Covidiocy unemployment claim THAT WE NEVER FILED, that was fraudulently filed by an identity thief in my husband's name... well, more information is coming out about the audit performed on the UIA... in which it was discovered the UIA paid out EIGHT BILLION DOLLARS on fraudulent claims... 

PROBABLY because they hired 5,500 people on whom they NEVER performed any background checks... the audit found numerous FELONS convicted of all kinds of fun things from IDENTITY THEFT, to EMBEZZLEMENT, to... wait for it... ARMED ROBBERY.

Oh, and they never made sure any of those people completely their "training" to work for the UIA, either.

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-government/audit-michigan-unemployment-agency-hired-identity-thieves-process-claims?fbclid=IwAR1c7y_tQjLFonjmS2O2uuYt-pp2ttDy88CnR-1bhZbIMC4eXp88UJRnqmw

This is why I do not think there should be ANY government run safety nets of any kind for anyone ever.  Government is incapable of doing a job right, and when it DOES screw up, it screws up in a massively larger way, wasting more money and screwing more people, than any private charity ever could.  JMHO, YMMV

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

It's all Putin's fault.

Government employees, particularly those that are hired or appointed and not elected, don't care about waste and fraud.

It isn't their money.

Such people spend their time planning their next promotion and the day they are hired, adopt the classic, Take the credit for everything, the blame for nothing, attitude.

I would say, come to Texas,  but Texas no longer exists,

It is now just another northern province of the narco-state.

Best wishes, Ma'am.

• Sad 3