CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY

DAKA

On 3/19/2022 at 1:45 PM, DAKA said:

What exactly is CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY ?

I think this is NOT such a GREAT IDEA.

This means that anyone can buy a gun either privately or from a Gun Store and just carry it...no background checks NOTHING?

It's bad enough that too many A/H's are carrying illegal now  ....  so it will get worse?

You sound like a yankee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/24/2022 at 5:08 PM, tous said:

With all due respect, amigo, the Second Amendment makes no distinction between legal or illegal possession of a firearm.

That the text includes, ",,, right ... shall not be infringed." tells me that any attempt to declare people's status legal or illegal is antithetical, no?

I stand corrected.  When I made my post, I had felons in mind.  But you are correct.  Nothing mentioned in the constitution providing for exceptions to the second amendment.

• Like 1

So... NO BACKGROUND CHECK

NO WAITING PERIOD...

If your state has CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY....YOU can walk into a GUN STORE AND WALK OUT WITH A HANDGUN..RIFLE ETC?

You can ORDER ANY GUN LEGALLY BEING SOLD FROM ANY INTERNET GUN SELLER AND HAVE IT DELIVERED TO YOUR HOME?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, DAKA said:

NO WAITING PERIOD...

If your state has CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY....YOU can walk into a GUN STORE AND WALK OUT WITH A HANDGUN..RIFLE ETC?

You can ORDER ANY GUN LEGALLY BEING SOLD FROM ANY INTERNET GUN SELLER AND HAVE IT DELIVERED TO YOUR HOME?

That would be a good start.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fog said:

That would be a good start.

It was common practice (except the internet part) for about 200 years until 1968.

Firearms were sold in Sears stores and the catalogue and most hardware stores.

You could order a military surplus M1 Garand through the mail for about $20 and have it delivered to your door by the mailman.

Heck, you could get a Lahti 20 mm anti-tank rifle if you wanted one delivered to your door.

As a young'un with other young'uns, we walked through town with our .22 rifles on our shoulders on the way to hunt rabbit and squirrel and no one said anything other than hello and good luck.

We bought our ammunition at the local Western Auto hardware store.

There were no school shootings, no mass shootings at movie theaters.

Suddenly, in 1968, the American public could no longer e trusted with firearms; the citizen now had to beg the government for their so-called Constitutional rights.

The Constitution?

Oh, that's just some irrelevant  bit of parchment written by racist white men; no longer applies, nothing to see here, move along, shut up and obey.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, tous said:

It was common practice (except the internet part) for about 200 years until 1968.

Firearms were sold in Sears stores and the catalogue and most hardware stores.

You could order a military surplus M1 Garand through the mail for about $20 and have it delivered to your door by the mailman.

Heck, you could get a Lahti 20 mm anti-tank rifle if you wanted one delivered to your door.

As a young'un with other young'uns, we walked through town with our .22 rifles on our shoulders on the way to hunt rabbit and squirrel and no one said anything other than hello and good luck.

There were no school shootings, no mass shootings at movie theaters.

Suddenly, in 1969, the American public could no longer e trusted with firearms; the citizen now had to beg the government for their so-called Constitutional rights.

The Constitution?

Oh, that's just some irrelevant  bit of parchment written by racist white men; no longer applies, nothing to see here, move along, shut up and obey.

Those were different times, there are to many LONIES and CRIMINALS roaming the streets these days, AND these days there are too many people who are RIGHT ON THE EDGE.

I used to take my 22 rifle on the NYC subway from Brooklyn to Manhattan to a range back in the 50's no one even "batted an eyelash"What"s RIGHT??? I WISH THE HELL I KNEW ~  :dunno:

• Like 4

Are you s suggesting that there were fewer loonies (sic) and criminals extant then as compared to now?

There were drive-by shootings and fire bombings in most major US cities in the 1920s and 1930s, no?

The same loonies and criminals that we have today, just different names and illegal products and means to make money.

The difference is, they put those loonies and criminals in prison; now they build statues for them and proclaim them heroes. 

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, tous said:

Are you s suggesting that there were fewer loonies (sic) and criminals extant then as compared to now?

There were drive-by shootings and fire bombings in most major US cities in the 1920s and 1930s, no?

The same loonies and criminals that we have today, just different names and illegal products and means to make money.

****** difference is, they put those loonies and criminals in prison; now they build statues for them and proclaim them heroes. 

***** Now they just turn them loose and since they emptied all the LOONY BINS those are out there too....

This will not end well....WILD WEST HERE WE COME 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DAKA said:

***** Now they just turn them loose and since they emptied all the LOONY BINS those are out there too....

What's next  OPEN CARRY  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DAKA said:

NO WAITING PERIOD...

Just because your state has Constitutional Carry doesn't mean you don't have follow federal laws when purchasing firearm or shipping a firearm across state lines and it is still illegal for a felon to be in possession.  I'm sure you know that but correct me if I'm wrong. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pipedreams said:

Just because your state has Constitutional Carry doesn't mean you don't have follow federal laws when purchasing firearm or shipping a firearm across state lines and it is still illegal for a felon to be in possession.  I'm sure you know that but correct me if I'm wrong. 

You're correct.

Statewide constitutional carry has no effect on federal laws, just like statewide marijuana decriminalization has no effect on federal laws.

1 hour ago, DAKA said:

It won't be the wild west.

Recall that the folks that settled the county in the last half of the 19th century were likely Civil War veterans.

Tough, tough men.

No nonsense men.

Try to rob one of them, or harm his family and he'd just as likely shoot your ass as not and never feel bad about it.

Compare them to today's effeminate little creatures wearing earrings, nail polish and whose biggest worry is picking the right moisturizer.      

Rob one of them and they'll need ten years of therapy to get over it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

A few states (#?) allow undocumented purchase of a firearm if that firearm was constructed within the state claiming it was not involved in interstate commerce therefore only covered by state law.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Open carry (with a concealed carry permit) was approved in my state to make unintentional display of a concealed firearm not a crime.

Florida generally prohibits open carry, but brief unintentional display of a concealed handgun remains legal in case wind blows a shirt open, etc.

Brandishing remains illegal, but that requires intent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, janice6 said:

A few states (#?) allow undocumented purchase of a firearm if that firearm was constructed within the state claiming it was not involved in interstate commerce therefore only covered by state law.

IIRC, only the springs and screws can be made in other states. Maybe replaceable parts such as sights and grips too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"

Being Found Guilty of a Crime by a Jury of your Peers, is not Infringement.

it is Legal Revocation of Certain Rights.

The Right to Travel Freely, Right to Vote you lose those for Violating The Rights of Others.

Personally i think an Armed Society is a Polite Society an has no Need for disarming anyone.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

"SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"

Being Found Guilty of a Crime by a Jury of your Peers, is not Infringement.

it is Legal Revocation of Certain Rights.

The Right to Travel Freely, Right to Vote you lose those for Violating The Rights of Others.

Personally i think an Armed Society is a Polite Society an has no Need for disarming anyone.

I disagree, amigo.

A method of infringing the rights described in the Constitution and Bill of Rights does exist: the amendment process.

I strongly suggest that that is the only legitimate means to revoke a right.

Recall that said rights are not granted by law, that is, government, and are thus able to be altered by political whim and processes conjured by despots and oligarchs.

Said rights exist beyond what a despot, oligarch or congress can change outside of the will of the people, following the legitimate means to do so: amendment.

When one has been convicted and sentenced for the violation of lesser law, if one serves the sentence, all civil rights inclus9ng the right to bear arms should be restored upon release.

I fully understand that the libertarian point of view is deemed absurd by many who pray at the altar of more laws, more government, more, more more.

I don't care.

I shout back just as enthusiastically, Less, less, less!  Leave me the Hell alone, liars!

Edited by tous
Auto correct changed altar to later, dang it; fixed it
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tous said:

When one has been convicted and sentenced for the violation of lesser law, if one serves the sentence, all civil rights including the right to bear arms should be restored upon release.

Yes. Not while one is a parolee, of course.

I fully understand that the libertarian point of view is deemed absurd by many who pray at the alter of more laws, more government, more, more more.

I don't care.

I shout back just as enthusiastically, Less, less, less!  Leave me the Hell alone, liars!

:599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

"As far as possible without surrender, be on good terms with all persons" works as a good start, I think.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, tous said:

This is how we did it also. A pack of us would wander into the local hardware store and lean our rifles and shotguns up against the counter and buy 500 round cartons of .22 ammo. Shoot it all up in one day and go back for more. We didn't spend our hard earned money on pop and candy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

This is how we did it also. A pack of us would wander into the local hardware store and lean our rifles and shotguns up against the counter and buy 500 round cartons of .22 ammo. Shoot it all up in one day and go back for more. We didn't spend our hard earned money on pop and candy.

My group of grade schoolers with guns, found that if we waved them around and made a fuss while walking to the city limits, we soon would have a squad car stop and ask us what we were doing?  We would say that we are going to the city limits to target shoot.

The kind gentleman would then ask us if we wanted a ride and we would of course, accept.  He would drive us to the city limits and let us out with the admonition to "be safe".

We rarely had to walk all the way.  Sometimes at the intersection where the city limits sign was, we would ask if we could shoot in the trees "over there".  He always said, "I guess so".

So we would go over where all the trees were and start shooting.  It was a game to us.  On the other side of the trees was a sign saying, "State Game Preserve".  But the "guy" said it was ok to shoot here!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2