I had a wierd dream this morning just before I woke up

Borg warner

My snooze alarm gives me 9 more minutes of sleep before it goes, " BEEP,BEEP,BEEP, BEEP,!" and I didn't have anything important to do today so I hit the snooze button 4 times and went back to sleep 4 times.

The last time I managed to fall into a deep sleep and was having a dream about working on houses like I used to do 30 years ago in Los Angeles where I used to live before I escaped from that gawd-awful third world shithole 20 years ago. And in the dream I was much younger and I was about to leave the house I was working on and go check on another job when my cell phone rang an it was my mother who died ten years ago and in the dream, my phone was going, " BEEP,BEEP,BEEP, BEEP,!" while I was trying to talk to my mom.

So  I told her I'd have to call her back because my phone was doing something weird as usual. So I hung up the phone and took the battery out of it and it still kept beeping! Then there was a laptop sitting on a desk and put my ear up to it and the sound didn't seem to be coming from it. Then I was about to search the whole house to see where the beeping was coming from and I finally woke up and realized it was my stupid alarm clock. :worried:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

Does anyone have nice dreams? Like little kids and puppies?

I ONLY seem to have nightmares. Real bad twisted ****. Mostly related to my childhood. Never anything nice. 

I'll trade you. Mine aren't nice, or weren't.

Didn't have them for 4 years after my wreck. They are back, but mostly just weird now. I'll take the trade off.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Borg warner said:

My snooze alarm gives me 9 more minutes of sleep before it goes, " BEEP,BEEP,BEEP, BEEP,!" and I didn't have anything important to do today so I hit the snooze button 4 times and went back to sleep 4 times.

The last time I managed to fall into a deep sleep and was having a dream about working on houses like I used to do 30 years ago in Los Angeles where I used to live before I escaped from that gawd-awful third world shithole 20 years ago. And in the dream I was much younger and I was about to leave the house I was working on and go check on another job when my cell phone rang an it was my mother who died ten years ago and in the dream, my phone was going, " BEEP,BEEP,BEEP, BEEP,!" while I was trying to talk to my mom.

So  I told her I'd have to call her back because my phone was doing something weird as usual. So I hung up the phone and took the battery out of it and it still kept beeping! Then there was a laptop sitting on a desk and put my ear up to it and the sound didn't seem to be coming from it. Then I was about to search the whole house to see where the beeping was coming from and I finally woke up and realized it was my stupid alarm clock. :worried:

that's kinda a Nice Dream,

last Dream i Remember my Best Friend who Killed Himself 30+ Years ago was talking to me about where hes been and i Woke up saying "Yeah, Man I know"

but have no idea what we talked about.

still Haunts me.

• Like 1

I've been retired for 6 years, but my re occurring dream is about work.  I'm back at the company inspecting risks for underwriting purposes.  Soon after I retired it was an almost every night dream, after a few years a few times a month.  

I Dreamt the other night we were being invaded by aliens and I was trying to run to this tree line but I couldn’t run and this old lady kept screaming and I told her to stfu but she just kept on so I shot her in the face like five times with my ar. Freaked me out. Last week I dreamt I killed this dude and buried ass in a while down by the creek. Don’t know why I killed him. 

9 hours ago, Borg warner said:

That’s actually a sad dream, or at least it seems so to me. 

• Like 2

When I dream, I wake with a start, and turn on the light and search the bed because I've dreamed that there was some animal or bugs in the bed. Has happened DOZENS of times. No clue why, and there is never anything in the bed.  I hate it. 

• Sad 1

I'm pretty sure that many of you won't believe my nightmares or "bad Dreams".  I swear this is true.

If I have a bad dream it's always a variation of the same theme.  I'm in a very crowded downtown area or very large mall with my wife.  I look at something and when I turn back my wife is gone.

I spend the rest of the dream looking for her and slowly panicking while reasoning the I cannot, or will not, find her. The worst part of the dream is when I have spent days looking everywhere for her and I come to the realization that she's gone and I will never see her again.

I know this sounds like BS, but it's true.  I have no one in my entire life that means so much to me as my wife.  She is the only one that ever told me she loves me. My father never could say it, and my mother said it to me just as she walked out of the door forever.

I know my kids love me but it's an entirely different kind of love.  I have known my wife for 65 years so she has been my one and only for most of my life.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

Does anyone have nice dreams? Like little kids and puppies?

I ONLY seem to have nightmares. Real bad twisted ****. Mostly related to my childhood. Never anything nice. 

Little kids and puppies? PERVERT! I'm reporting you to the authorities (Face Book and The New York Times). Fair warning, so you can think up a morally acceptable explanation!

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, norton said:

I've been retired for 6 years, but my re occurring dream is about work.  I'm back at the company inspecting risks for underwriting purposes.  Soon after I retired it was an almost every night dream, after a few years a few times a month.  

I retired 20 years ago and that's what my dream was about, work. I used to work for a general contractor doing remodels and repairs and a lot of times I had to visit one job early in the day and make parts lists for both plumbing an electrical and then go to another job later in the day to do the work and I often worked long days.

In the dream I had ,the house wasn't torn apart so I was probably  making a parts list for the remodel. I have a lot of dreams about work because that's what I did for the majority of my life. Sometimes I dream about ex-wives and those are usually bad dreams.

• Like 3

My dreams are mostly chaotic, fragmented and non sensical, and I don't ever seem to accomplish anything.  I do tend to see people in them that I haven't seen in 30-40 years.  I am a horrible insomniac and do not sleep deeply or well, maybe that's pat of it.

I envy people that have cinematic happy dreams.  Or that can sleep.

I used to have a recurring dream for years, it was finals week in school and I never went to class or bought the book.  It never went any farther than that... just this general anxious feeling after I woke up.  It's been a long time for that one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Peng said:

I used to have a recurring dream for years, it was finals week in school and I never went to class or bought the book.  It never went any farther than that... just this general anxious feeling after I woke up.  It's been a long time for that one.

I've had the exact recurring dream.

It's the end of the year (last day?),  and I realize I have been to zero classes all year.  None.  I have to take finals (which I'm convinced I can pass all of them (I could really do that in real life)).

But I don't know which classes I'm in.  So I have to look at my schedule,  which is in my locker,  but I don't even know where my locker is.  So I have to go to the office (on the last day) to get my schedule or locker assignment,  but I don't know where the office is.  Much anxiety.

It can be at any of the many schools I've attended,  and surrounded by many friends I've known,  all mixed and matched in ages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1