Changes to your daily driving

DAKA

On 3/17/2022 at 9:25 PM, kerbie18 said:

Alright, I'm probably going to piss people off. I spend most of my life driving around in a take home police car. The city pays my gas bill, so I mostly don't give a rat's ass if gas prices go up or down. It's a perk of the job. Before you hate me, there are heavier downsides to being a cop that cancel out the free crap. 

But, I own a dodge caravan as my personal car. I have literally driven that thing to the entire lower 48 states. It is my second home, I can easily live in that little van and be happy. Sadly, gas prices are going to negatively affect the ability to do so. I can barely manage 24 mpg if I take it easy.

No Hate for you.

don't really want my Law Enforcement worrying about that stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not meaning to sound like a rich elitist **** here, but honestly high gas prices don't in anyway shape or form affect my wife and I's travels in our vehicles.  Oldest son will be driving soon as well.  So funny how him and I are the total opposite when it comes to driving.  He can't wait to get his license whereas I on the other hand didn't look forward to it as a teen.  I don't care what anyone says, driving sucks!  Here's what I feel about driving in general:

89888.gif

• Like 2

On 3/17/2022 at 9:25 PM, kerbie18 said:

Alright, I'm probably going to piss people off. I spend most of my life driving around in a take home police car. The city pays my gas bill, so I mostly don't give a rat's ass if gas prices go up or down. It's a perk of the job. Before you hate me, there are heavier downsides to being a cop that cancel out the free crap. 

But, I own a dodge caravan as my personal car. I have literally driven that thing to the entire lower 48 states. It is my second home, I can easily live in that little van and be happy. Sadly, gas prices are going to negatively affect the ability to do so. I can barely manage 24 mpg if I take it easy.

When you take the police car home, you don’t have to go get it at the station should an emergency call for you while off duty. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

When you take the police car home, you don’t have to go get it at the station should an emergency call for you while off duty. 

Its also a plus (most of the time) to your neighborhood.  People will see it and tend to avoid breaking in around the immediate area.  Although some will use the car as a target to get the trunk guns...

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Maser said:

Not meaning to sound like a rich elitist **** here, but honestly high gas prices don't in anyway shape or form affect my wife and I's travels in our vehicles.  Oldest son will be driving soon as well.  So funny how him and I are the total opposite when it comes to driving.  He can't wait to get his license whereas I on the other hand didn't look forward to it as a teen.  I don't care what anyone says, driving sucks!  Here's what I feel about driving in general:

89888.gif

Let's take out the shitter... Beginning of that one.

And I ******* hate driving. Seems like it's all I do these days. Goddamn gas station ******* up my H&B fund.

Like, I didn't stagger into 2022 expecting to have to choose a gallon of gas or a blowjob any given day.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 12:50 PM, Batesmotel said:

When I hit speed bumps I imagine they are members of our current regime. 

I would kind of prefer to hit members of our current regime and imagine they were speed bumps. I had to fill my truck yesterday. $138.00 I filled it to go to the lumber yard for 4 sheets of treated 3/4 plywood. $358.00.  Joe B sucks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2