Australia provides us with biggest laugh of the day...

Mrs.Cicero

https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/4046924/posts

My husband showed me the logo and I about fell off the pub chair laughing...

Some things you simply cannot make up. If the Babylon Bee had produced a logo for a dyed-in-the-wool feminist organization and meant to subvert it, it could not have a done a better job. 

More than not being able to make it up, you have to wonder how this logo passed through each of the requisite stages for approval. Who ideated this? Who designed it? Who signed off on it? Who in the organization voted in favor? How did, at each step of the way, no one notice what we all see immediately. 

Take a look for yourself. What do you see? 

womens-logo-300x225.jpeg

Haha. Nothing else needs to be said. Again, how does this happen? No matter – we should just be glad it did. 

An Australian news outlet covered the story. They led with this unmistakably honest assessment: 

“The logo for the Prime Minister and Cabinet’s (PM&C) “Women’s Network” has been taken down, after it was mocked on social media for its phallic appearance… 

Many at first assumed the logo was a fake because of its overt resemblance to male genitalia, while others were furious that it detracted from the actual purpose of the Network.” 

Phallic is an understatement. Not only in a phallus clearly present, the logo includes the full range of external male genitalia. Like I said, you couldn’t make this up if you tried to mock woke losers. 

The report was also quick to note that many assumed it was a joke, which seems like an obvious analysis. As we asked, a litany of questions requiring confounding answers needed to be stupidly ingored for this hilarioius logo to move from concept to publication. 

The article then reminds readers that the Australian government isn’t new to idiotic woke controversies. I hadn’t seen this ad before – maybe readers have – but it equally misses the mark in its own way. The embedded video below features some bizarre analogy from drinking milkshakes with a date as a way of introducing respectful, consensual sexual practices into the public narrative. Needless to say, it didn’t go over well nor succeed. Like the logo for feminists, this ad was also pulled. 

If you don’t want to watch the video, the same news outlet described it this way: 

“The taxpayer-funded “milkshake” ad on sexual consent that has been slammed as a dangerous waste of money has been removed from the $3.7 million campaign following a fierce public backlash. 

News.com.au revealed on Monday that rape prevention campaigners have raised serious concerns over the Morrison government’s “confusing” new consent education campaign for schools featuring bizarre videos of a woman smearing a man’s face with a milkshake.” 

These people never learn.

(in case you don't want to click on the link)

Edited by Mrs.Cicero
  • Haha 7