If you don't like censorship and use DuckDuckGo

Ricordo

Who exactly is going to determine what is "disinformation"? Staff at DDG? Any chance it might be a guy named Wilbur? How 'bout Rosie?

Personally, I'll be the judge of what is disinformation or not.

Fwiw, when I deleted the addon, a survey came on, "Why did I do that"? I selected "Other"---Gabriel Weinberg is just another *******.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I saw that and it mad me mad.  Now I have to find a replacement for DuckDuckGo...

QWANT. MetGer, I don't know about startpage, but some say they straightened their act up, Prefetch  Presearch, and someone said Brave started an engine. A few to choose. I've used QWANT for a couple of years and like it. MetGer is OK, but I find it a bit difficult at times. It may have changed.

Sorry, wrong word. Presearch.org is the search. Prefetch is something you should empty every now and then on your Windows program.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I'm giving the Brave search engine a try.

Loaded it it the other day and have had no issues.  I understand the guy who wrote Duckduckgo before he sold to google and was forced out, wrote it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I'm giving the Brave search engine a try.

I use the Brave engine when on Brave browser. I still can't get it out of my mind it is Chrome. Supposed to be de-Googled, but how do we know. Too bad that almost all of the newer engines are Chromium based, some just Chrome and most don't bother trying to even cover it up, despite their proclamations of privacy. Most seem to pass the sniff test, so there is that.

Of all of them, Brave seems to work the best. I love Vivaldi, but it breaks every single Google site. Youtube, Youtube TV, Gmail,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hmm, there may be a reason for that. 🥸

• Like 1

6 hours ago, minderasr said:

You all do realize that DDG uses Bing for searches and is just a front end for anonymity?  Do you think Bing hasn't been doing this **** from the beginning?

Hmm, I thought DDG was a Google run search. Just de Googled. StartPage seemed to be Bing run, but de Yahooed, or is it deGoogld Google?

MetGer is a deYahooed Bing search, QWANT runs the line with Google, just without the tracking. So they say. So far they have passed the sniff test. The jury is still out for me on Presearch, but it doesn't seem to play well with some browsers, otherwise, seems legit. So far it has passed the test. Brave is what ever brave does, but they seem to pass the sniff test so far. 

Remember boys and girls, all this is subject to change at any given moment, as this thread is documenting.