And just like that……..

Batesmotel

4 hours ago, aomagrat said:

And rising gas prices and inflation suddenly became putin's fault instead of biden's fault, just in time for the midterm elections.

And,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm going to go ahead and say this, but Russia may not be that big of a bad guy on this one.

Lots of sketchy reports coming out of the Ukrane and lots of conflicting Nooz. Seems the water is quite muddy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, NPTim said:

9DFA7FC6-806C-412A-A369-18461AE65C71.jpeg

A long time ago, in a life far, far away, we ran across a group of Russian SF. In the spirit of keeping the niceties we both wanted, we learned they weren't all that different from us, just were dedicated to another country.

No one was at odds, no one was all that different, none of us wanted to be where we were, and we all were in the dive for the same reason.

Good enough people for the short visit, and all in all, we had more in common than not. We drank, laughed, shored up national relations, and went our separate ways, never telling anyone of the encounter. I feel pretty confident they did exactly the same.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Ukraine is the only country that the standard of living for the common man went DOWN after the fall of the soviet union. It's corruption index was very high,  like African country high. It's as dirty as the Russians and with Hillary Clinton and the globalists supporting Ukraine I am not sure that they are the good guys.

In the end, who knows. 

• Like 3

On 3/10/2022 at 2:14 PM, LostinTexas said:

A long time ago, in a life far, far away, we ran across a group of Russian SF. In the spirit of keeping the niceties we both wanted, we learned they weren't all that different from us, just were dedicated to another country.

No one was at odds, no one was all that different, none of us wanted to be where we were, and we all were in the dive for the same reason.

Good enough people for the short visit, and all in all, we had more in common than not. We drank, laughed, shored up national relations, and went our separate ways, never telling anyone of the encounter. I feel pretty confident they did exactly the same.

Sounds somewhat like the spontaneous Christmas Truce during The Great War. Generals on all sides worked to keep such truces from ever happening again. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Sounds somewhat like the spontaneous Christmas Truce during The Great War. Generals on all sides worked to keep such truces from ever happening again. 

Not any shooting between us then or probably ever, but it was the Cold War years. Gorbachev was running things, the wall had just fallen in Berlin, and the world was a less tense place.

You are probably right, and we didn't feel the need to say too much to anyone. We were careful not to let anything come up that might be sensitive, even family names, so were they. Pretty professional bunch as I recall. Small place, so it was hard to not interact some and keep things polite. We all knew we weren't at odds, so why make it that way.