Gasoline/Petrol/Juice

Ricordo

10 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

Titanic

I was thinking of Nero. Like Brandon, he was an artist.

Btw, read that 50% of the retail price of gasoline corresponds to the cost of oil. The rest are add-ons. Is that true?  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ricordo said:

I was thinking of Nero. Like Brandon, he was an artist.

Btw, read that 50% of the retail price of gasoline corresponds to the cost of oil. The rest are add-ons. Is that true?  

I do know anymore. We got out of gas in about 1985. The price model is totally different now. I do know that most convenience store operations are lucky to break even on gas. The profit is in food and drinks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gallon of  regular gas today at $4.18 9/10 in beautiful downtown Land O' Lakes.  Down one  cent from the other day. Brandon's energy policies seem to be working. But if he finds out about the decrease, he'll  surely do something about it to make it go up again.

Just don't call him "Shirley". Anything but "Shirley".

"Shirley"....

Btw, there's actually a name for the fluctuations in gas prices. It's called "the feather/rocket phenomenon".

The "feather" stands for Brandon. He floats here and there, so gracefully, depending on where the wind carries him. So romantic...and no mean tweets.

The "rocket" refers what he has between his butt cheeks that makes him  stumble ever so often. His wife, Jill,  thinks it's "so hot". 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

Production, refining, and shipping costs play a big part, as does taxes, lease sales, etc.

There is a tendency for state/local governments to raise tge gasoline tax every time the pump price declines steadily for awhile. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

There is a tendency for state/local governments to raise tge gasoline tax every time the pump price declines steadily for awhile. 

Our local government was ecstatic last time we had high gas prices since they were raking in so much money on the taxes. Mostly local sales tax.

• Thanks 2

My area has seen a rash of gasoline theft. In a few cases, the thieves have even used a drill to put a hole in the vehicle's gas tank. We're assuming that the higher gas prices are causing the thefts. Keep an eye on your vehicles people!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, kerbie18 said:

My area has seen a rash of gasoline theft. In a few cases, the thieves have even used a drill to put a hole in the vehicle's gas tank. We're assuming that the higher gas prices are causing the thefts. Keep an eye on your vehicles people!

Drilling fuel tanks has been a thing here for years. It's quite expensive to replace the tank for someone to steal a few gallons of gas. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

$4.26 today.  And the MI state house and senate sent a bill to the psycho governor to nix the $.27 state gas tax for the next 6 months... but she'd rather the federal gov't nix their gas tax (it's less $).  In neither case will that lower the actual price - at best it would slow the increase for a couple weeks, and then it would go up again at the same rate it does everywhere else.   But, hey, "election year handwaving" and "Just ignore the man behind the curtain" (because he's an idiot).

• Thanks 3

The last time around,  I met a guy that had his big rig's fuel siphoned out,

So he bought the most rugged and expensive locking caps he could find.

Two weeks later, someone just used a railroad spike and slegehammer to punch holes in the tanks.

• Sad 2

On 3/11/2022 at 7:14 AM, Huaco Kid said:

The last time around,  I met a guy that had his big rig's fuel siphoned out,

So he bought the most rugged and expensive locking caps he could find.

Two weeks later, someone just used a railroad spike and slegehammer to punch holes in the tanks.

Thieves use cordless drills here.

• Sad 1