What You Thought You Knew

Eric

• Administrators

I've been listening to this song for more than twenty-five years, but until this evening, I thought it was called The Outlaw Tom. The Outlaw Torn makes a lot more sense. I've been listening to Metallica since I was in high school. I can't believe I've been wrong about the title of one of their better songs for a quarter of a century. It makes me wonder what else I know incorrectly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I can't  decide if I like the feeling of realizing what I don't know (because then I realize there's more to learn than will even fit in my lifetime so I should never be bored) or if it makes me want to run screaming into the woods in frustration that there is more than I will ever be able to learn in one lifetime so I'll never actually finish...

I have reached the stage where I like to see projects FINISHED. 

• Like 2

All during my kids growing up, I constantly reminded them that knowing what you know isn't as important as knowing what you don't know.

If you know what you don't know, you now have the chance of learning from someone that does know what you don't know.  Ask and find out for yourself.  The truth is out there if you just want to find it.

I won a business contract from a customer, when he expounded in detail about what he needed. 

At the end of his presentation, he asked my peers if they knew and understood what they wanted from us.  They said yes.

He asked me and I told him that I had paid attention, but I didn't know yet, what I didn't know about everything he wanted.  He slapped me on the shoulder and said he would like to do business with me.

• Like 2

I should point out that I am drunk.  My wife was seriously pissed at me since her father was an alcoholic.  But I know something her father didn't know!

I know that she married me 'cause she loved me, and she knew that I could make/bake pies.

So, tonight I made her a drunk Custard pie.  I know the way into her bed is through a Custard pie and I used this to my advantage.  I doubled the recipe for a 9" pie, 8 eggs and you know the rest.  I don't follow the recipe and simply put the seasoning in to suit my taste.  

The pie is now baking, and she is now trying to make up with me knowing that if I'm pissed, she won't get any pie.  I know that when the pie if finished she will do anything to/with me to get at my pie.

Women are so easy when you are a pastry cook!  She never had a chance!

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, janice6 said:

I should point out that I am drunk.  My wife was seriously pissed at me since her father was an alcoholic.  But I know something her father didn't know!

I know that she married me 'cause she loved me, and she knew that I could make/bake pies.

So, tonight I made her a drunk Custard pie.  I know the way into her bed is through a Custard pie and I used this to my advantage.  I doubled the recipe for a 9" pie, 8 eggs and you know the rest.  I don't follow the recipe and simply put the seasoning in to suit my taste.  

The pie is now baking, and she is now trying to make up with me knowing that if I'm pissed, she won't get any pie.  I know that when the pie if finished she will do anything to/with me to get at my pie.

Women are so easy when you are a pastry cook!  She never had a chance!

My husband  would say the way to my heart is a breakfast of Crabby Eggs Benedict with Balsamic Glaze... (or any of his other dozen Eggs Benedict recipes, for that matter).  But yeah, I think that saying about the way to a man's heart being through his stomach might actually reference the wrong gender.

• Thanks 1

After I posted it the other night,  I found out that  Peter Gabriel's Games Without Frontiers isn't saying "She is so popular", but “Jeux Sans Frontieres” which is French for games without frontiers.

I while I always thought is was some nonsensical song,  it turns out that it's very political.

• Like 2

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

After I posted it the other night,  I found out that  Peter Gabriel's Games Without Frontiers isn't saying "She is so popular", but “Jeux Sans Frontieres” which is French for games without frontiers.

I while I always thought is was some nonsensical song,  it turns out that it's very political.

Yeah, that is a great song and very Cold War-centric.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2022 at 1:27 AM, Maser said:

The Mandela Effect strikes again!  Also, wasn't Metallica some of the whiny ***** who complained about Napster?  Not really a good look for a metal band to come out as a group of bitches.  :anim_rofl2:

I have a bunch of ripped Metallica MP3 and FLAC files tagged with "FU Lars!" that were shared regularly.  Or so I've been told.  ;)