Would you go 2 miles for a free lamborghini?

Silentpoet

Two miles is too deep for even the most skeptical insurance company to investigate.

”Two people can keep a secret if one is dead” might apply to the auto carrier and tugboat crews.

If a pre planned accidental fire and sinking, the cars in the far reaches might have been diverted from the furnace for the occasion. 

• Like 1

Just now, Silentpoet said:

Salt is a preservative.  If it works for cucumbers it should work for cars.

In the 60's and early 70's I worked on pony/muscle cars.  All different kinds.  In the Midwest we use salt liberally and it does terrible things to everything.  

I know you were joking but I have nightmares about rust and corrosion on beautiful vehicles.  So bad that I know get a new car every three years and let someone else worry about the rust.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, janice6 said:

In the 60's and early 70's I worked on pony/muscle cars.  All different kinds.  In the Midwest we use salt liberally and it does terrible things to everything.  

I know you were joking but I have nightmares about rust and corrosion on beautiful vehicles.  So bad that I know get a new car every three years and let someone else worry about the rust.

I worked for a WWII vet as an aide for awhile.  He also worked at NASA in the early days in the motor pool.  So very near the coast.  He said you would be lucky to get 2 years out of a new car back then because of all the salt water.  They would be rusted beyond use.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Silentpoet said:

I worked for a WWII vet as an aide for awhile.  He also worked at NASA in the early days in the motor pool.  So very near the coast.  He said you would be lucky to get 2 years out of a new car back then because of all the salt water.  They would be rusted beyond use.

The new metals and treatment help with the rust, how many late model cars do you see rusted out...they are much better tan the old ones. I remember a Chev Blazer that I had back in the late 60's, the bottoms of the doors were so rusted out you could see what color shoes I was wearing as I drove by.... :anim_rofl2:but I think those cars are done for....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DAKA said:

The new metals and treatment help with the rust, how many late model cars do you see rusted out...they are much better tan the old ones. I remember a Chev Blazer that I had back in the late 60's, the bottoms of the doors were so rusted out you could see what color shoes I was wearing as I drove by.... :anim_rofl2:but I think those cars are done for....

Whatever they are putting on the roads here, eats vehicles. Including the aluminum ones. It also eats the wiring and brake lines.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1