Sound Of Silence

5 hours ago, Mrs Glockrunner said:

Thank you!  I mean that sincerely. 

I remember late at night when everyone was sleeping or standing watch on my ship while I was alone for hours in the radio room.  You think of every one that is important to you, and you miss them terribly.

I spent 6 months remembering my new bride this way while overseas. 

I remember her smell, her warmth, how soft she was while I held her tight.  How soft and wonderful her lips were/are.

I still have those moments in my life, but now I only have to reach out and wrap an arm or two around her and tell her how much I love her.  We are old, but she is still the 16-year-old I dated.  I can never see her any other way.  I wish I could have a "do-over".  I'd like to not be the fumbling fool I was when we first married.

I believe now I know enough to show her the love I had/have and not be the foolish 18-year-old that I was.

Considering my upbringing, I can't be alone.  Too many demons try to take over.  Now she is always there I don't have that problem.  I'm so afraid of losing her, I don't know if I could handle it.  Sorry for the rambling.  Maybe I shouldn't have posted this.

Your post just reminded me of how lonely a person can be.

• Thanks 1